Wen Infection?

Mikey

Excellent! I didn't think it was too bad either. :D they'll get a water change tomorrow maybe. They just had one maybe 2-3 days ago, and my mom hates when I donut more then once a week. I'll have to sneak it in somehow :P

Excellent! I didn't think it was too bad either. :D they'll get a water change tomorrow maybe. They just had one maybe 2-3 days ago, and my mom hates when I donut more then once a week. I'll have to sneak it in somehow :P

You are only allowed to donut only once a week? Oh, the tyranny! Seek emancipation right now!

You should be able to donut any time you like!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

• 2 weeks later...

I dosed melafix for the sixth time (3/15/14) and today I am dosing the 7th around 10 PM for 24hour intervals between doses. I see no improvement. :(

ea91abbd-ecc9-479c-9b37-304a507c3153_zps

db770f50-da92-4a60-84d5-059e664a268d_zps

Mikey, that hole doesn't even look infected, so I am not quite sure what it is that you were hoping for.

The thing to keep in mind is that while some things need intervention, these little issues should not be treated, because:

1) we need to let the fish develop resistance to infections on its own

2) we need to avoid the meds, which are always harsh (to varying extents) on the fish, unless we really need.

We can be scrutinizing fish for every little issue and try to treat for it.

I mean, if you have a small cut on your hand, are you going to run and take a 10 day course of antibiotics? What about a single pimple? It's just not necessary, and somewhat excessive.