Starting a planted tank

Thanks guys for the advice.

I think I might try the caribsea ecocomplete. It's black right?

Then plant wise o think o mentioned a list above. It's a mixture of tall plants, some surface coveters and s one floating plants. Then I was hoping to put some pothos in for the nitrates.

Although thinking about what 4pretryfish I might have to look at them having the same lighting needs.

And yeah the light. Yikes. I still either need to figure out a way to reconnect te tubes to my lid or get a clip on.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Then plant wise o think o mentioned a list above. It's a mixture of tall plants, some surface coveters and s one floating plants. Then I was hoping to put some pothos in for the nitrates.

Although thinking about what 4pretryfish I might have to look at them having the same lighting needs.

And yeah the light. Yikes. I still either need to figure out a way to reconnect te tubes to my lid or get a clip on.

EcoComplete isn't all black, but it is mostly black. Pardon the cloudiness, I'd just added it in.

557940_10151400470888711_183974830_n.jpg

By the way, within a few months, they'd chewed everything that you see, apart from the sword, down to stumps. :rofl3

Edited by yafashelli

Thanks yafashelli. That's perfect. I have read though recently that ecocomplete is inert.

I have also been considering getting a surprise mix boxe from aquaessentiqks. It's cheaper than handpicking. But I'm afraid it won't be the right stuff. Have any of you tried smthg like this out

EcoComplete isn't all black, but it is mostly black. Pardon the cloudiness, I'd just added it in.

557940_10151400470888711_183974830_n.jpg

By the way, within a few months, they'd chewed everything that you see, apart from the sword, down to stumps. :rofl3

Pretty fish/tank :D

• 2 weeks later...

So for now I still have salt in my rank . So not sticking in any plants yet. Although I've done a lot of window shopping.

I did however bit some fine grey gravel and the most gorgeous redwood.

Plant wise I think I'm going to go for a mixture of crypts and anuvias mainly. I would love to try growing a hemianthus carpet.

The plants that I took out of the tank after they dissolved with the salt have since recovered and are sprouting new branches

y4apener.jpg

So just finished some planting. The look is a lot wilder than first planned. But I think I like it. The fish do. They love playing in the plants. Let's se how long they take to destroy it.

The plants in the foreground in the left have turned out to not be aquatic plants after some research. They will need to be replaced. But for now they fill that area.

It looks awesome, I think you've done a very good job! :D

If you want to replace the non-aquatics on the left with something similar in leaf shape, you could try some c. parva. Being a rosette plant it is very slow growing, but it is a lovely crypt in my opinion. This is it here. :)

Crypt-Parva_02_JU.jpg