Taking the Plunge

koko

I don't think I will be buying a filter again after making one of the ones Sharon showed me. Nor will I be keeping tanks other than the occasional quarantine tanks anymore. It's all indoor/outdoor ponds from here. They're so much easier and more appealing to me now. :heart

i am so inspired by koko doing this pond. and admit… I WANNA POND TOOOO!!!! :cry

:P

at the moment it's not quite practical at my place… but now i'm actually much more interested and hopeful than i have been… because i could get you all rockstars to help me put one together. :D

(your indoor ponds are really beautiful chelsea. that's another idea… right? a way for me to slowly 'dip my toe in' as it were? ;)

ps: koko, did you do an indoor one first?

Melusine, Sharon (shakaho) actually gave me the ideas. She is our resident pond guru and is very clever. It's also my way of dipping my toes into the pond world. I have practically jumped in now... the only permanent tank I have set up has no fish and a herd of marimo, an anubias, a couple bulbs, a rock of Java moss, and a bit of duckweed.

You won't be disappointed with ponds, really.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I will be buying a filter again after making one of the ones Sharon showed me. Nor will I be keeping tanks other than the occasional quarantine tanks anymore. It's all indoor/outdoor ponds from here. They're so much easier and more appealing to me now. :heart

i am so inspired by koko doing this pond. and admit… I WANNA POND TOOOO!!!! :cry

:P

at the moment it's not quite practical at my place… but now i'm actually much more interested and hopeful than i have been… because i could get you all rockstars to help me put one together. :D

(your indoor ponds are really beautiful chelsea. that's another idea… right? a way for me to slowly 'dip my toe in' as it were? ;)

ps: koko, did you do an indoor one first?

Melusine, Sharon (shakaho) actually gave me the ideas. She is our resident pond guru and is very clever. It's also my way of dipping my toes into the pond world. I have practically jumped in now... the only permanent tank I have set up has no fish and a herd of marimo, an anubias, a couple bulbs, a rock of Java moss, and a bit of duckweed.

You won't be disappointed with ponds, really.

veeerrrry inspiring… veerrrrryyy inspiring!

i know these little baby comets will not be so baby one day, and right now I'm going to be overstocked with three in a 40 gal -- so some pond-learning is really apropos. ;) thank u chelsea!

christine

Congrats Koko, on the pond and your anniversary. It looks like that tub has a bottom drain. That will really come in handy.

Oh and by the way, for anyone who wants a pond but is apprehensive, just do it! It's my absolute favorite thing around the house. I can't wait for Spring.

Edited by DieselPlower

• Admin

Congrats Koko, on the pond and your anniversary. It looks like that tub has a bottom drain. That will really come in handy.

Oh and by the way, for anyone who wants a pond but is apprehensive, just do it! It's my absolute favorite thing around the house. I can't wait for Spring.

thanks dude got them out there selling there tank now.....

now i need to get the main filter working :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love it Koko!

Do you have bio wheels in there? I'm having a special moment!

:Congrats:

Edited by Flipper

• Admin

I like the pond Koko.

Hope your fish (just the one, right?) is happy in there.

Nope I got the Goldfish :) Some guppies too.... there are two heaters on there right cause it was colder out there then the tank and didnt want to shock them.... once the temp here is more steady they will be turned off....there is my Emperor filter on there with bio wheels so I didnt loose cycle so much.. just a small bump. Plus there is the fountain filter on there right now...

As for the filter it will be hooked up as soon as my Filter floss (stuff Sharon has) and other piece comes from the interwebs..... :)

I love it Koko!

Do you have bio wheels in there? I'm having a special moment!

:Congrats:

:thumbup2:

That's awesome Koko!! :)

:I-Thank-You:

• Admin

Awesome! Now, prepare for monsterification. They are gonna grow grow grow no matter their age! :angelstaf:

Well they both are at 9" now so lets see how much more they will grow.. Charlie is getting old :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Nice set up! I bet your fish are going to love it.

They do really love it out there.... Especially Sunkist... I think she remembers being in a pond....