Tung Hoi farm fish food

Tiffany_King

http://www.goldfishutopia.com/products/Tung-Hoi-Fast-Color-Goldfish-Food.html

I found this food they sell. It's a floating pellet :(

Idk what's in it, but after seeing Bruce I wondered if they had a food out there. I have so many problems with every goldfish I get. I think I'm going to do a diet of veggies and bloodworms and emerald entree only. But has anyone tried this food?

I don't know about the food specifically, Tung Hoi is a rather famous institution in the goldfish world. :rofl

Bloodworms is a good idea, but have you tried a gel food, or making your own? What foods have you tried?

Repashy made my fish constipated and floaty. I think because they already had issues though. Omega one flakes worked for a while. Spirulina flakes made them constipated. I had some sort of spectrum food I got out of town that didn't seem to hurt them but the pellets floated and I had to soak them for a while. Then I couldn't find the food where I lived. I got hikari pellets for like baby goldfish that made them constipated. I talked to a guy at my LFS who said gel foods have this wax in them that make it harder for the fish to digest and said no gel foods. That was about a month ago when I started the bloodworm pea diet to kind of flush their system. I just read the post on gel food for floaters and I think I'm going to try it :) I just have to save some money for all the ingredients and maybe get a blender from the thrift store lol. (Gta be sneaky so the hubby doesn't notice and get mad. I just bought a new aquarium hood, air stone, magnet cleaner, thermometer, and plants for them) I should kick myself for all the money I've spent on fish in the past 3 years lol and they just wind up getting dropsy :'(

Repashy made my fish constipated and floaty. I think because they already had issues though. Omega one flakes worked for a while. Spirulina flakes made them constipated. I had some sort of spectrum food I got out of town that didn't seem to hurt them but the pellets floated and I had to soak them for a while. Then I couldn't find the food where I lived. I got hikari pellets for like baby goldfish that made them constipated. I talked to a guy at my LFS who said gel foods have this wax in them that make it harder for the fish to digest and said no gel foods. That was about a month ago when I started the bloodworm pea diet to kind of flush their system. I just read the post on gel food for floaters and I think I'm going to try it :) I just have to save some money for all the ingredients and maybe get a blender from the thrift store lol. (Gta be sneaky so the hubby doesn't notice and get mad. I just bought a new aquarium hood, air stone, magnet cleaner, thermometer, and plants for them) I should kick myself for all the money I've spent on fish in the past 3 years lol and they just wind up getting dropsy :'(

Is the Spectrum food you're talking abut New Life Spectrum? They sell very good foods, and you can buy small, ~1mm pellets that sink. :)

Sounds like you should try to vary the diet daily so that there is some veggies in the mix. Pellets are (even) necessary, but you don't need a lot of it. You do need some, though.

Sounds like you should try to vary the diet daily so that there is some veggies in the mix. Pellets are (even) necessary, but you don't need a lot of it. You do need some, though.

Can I add the pellets in the gel food?

Is the Spectrum food you're talking abut New Life Spectrum? They sell very good foods, and you can buy small, ~1mm pellets that sink. :)

If I bought them would they need to soak?

Not sure where you live, but I have a little Hamilton beach blender, picked it up on sale for $7 at meijers, but most stores carry them for cheap.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588?type=search

They only have one setting and can't crush ice (no margaritas, haha) but it's perfect for making gel food and easy to clean.

-Kori

Not sure where you live, but I have a little Hamilton beach blender, picked it up on sale for $7 at meijers, but most stores carry them for cheap.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588?type=search

They only have one setting and can't crush ice (no margaritas, haha) but it's perfect for making gel food and easy to clean.

-Kori

Thanks I'll check that out