Has Anyone Seen Such A Huge Goldfish?

Athena

goldfish on average tend to become larger in ponds than in tanks.In tanks there can be limiting factors.Also the more a fish eats the more they grow.This is why hatcheries tend to force feed small fish.In a pond they can forage every moment they are hungry in a tank they cant.In a lot of tanks this would cause alot of ammonia and nitrate issues.With a larger tank they may grow large though.

well said.. and very true

• 2 months later...

I have seen that photo before. Can you even imagine having your fish get that big? I have read a few places about the questioning of steroid use. I think it is Japan? and it said the breeders get pretty competitive about how big their fish get.

I think Bruce wins! :D

Guest yabbie

I think they're very competitive in Japan too but Bruce's Dads are ex-Hong Kongians living in southern China.

I wonder why they didn't choose a longer breed like the comet to break a record... or would too many people mistake it for a koi?

I put some tiny fish out in a small pond three years ago and now have monsters that eat like piranahs even tho I hardly feed them anything... and I'm having trouble believing Bruce.

Guest Dawn Hunley

That's one beautiful fishy! Maybe one day my Fishy will get that big and my husband will finally break down and get me that pond that I've been wanting! :lol1

Archived