Has Anyone Seen Such A Huge Goldfish?

Athena

Guest OrandaSparkles

LOL!!!! :blink::rofl Omygosh that fish is so big lmao that is so awesome thanks for posting that i wonder if thor will get that big??? :rofl

• 9 months later...

It's real.Ive seen it in more than a few online news sites.Two different dates as well.One when he was 2 and another when he was about 3 I do believe.

I've seen plenty of big fancy goldfish ranging from 12 to 17 inches however the interesting thing is that he was 15 inches at 2 years!That means he had tio average 7.5" a year which is nearly the growth rate of koi which average 9 to 12 inches a year or so.

oh my gosh....granted he is a beautiful fish I just really hope that mine dont get THAT big. :blink: I dont think i would ever have any kind of money for a space for him....if he's 18in. then doesn't he need at least a 180g tank or pond if not more....?

Selena, goldfish on average tend to become larger in ponds than in tanks.In tanks there can be limiting factors.Also the more a fish eats the more they grow.This is why hatcheries tend to force feed small fish.In a pond they can forage every moment they are hungry in a tank they cant.In a lot of tanks this would cause alot of ammonia and nitrate issues.With a larger tank they may grow large though.

Sandy, if I recall correctly in one of the articles they said they hadnt used steroids on Bruce.I also remember something about exercise.I personally think it has alot to do with a combination of running water,alot of live foods and good genetics.(IE Parents who have a tedency to grow large quickly.)With all of this the task of another bruce is very feasible.

im sure you will love coming to scotland soph. plenty of haggis hunting and nessie spotting to be done :D and of course the people are all warm and friendly, just like me :)

Archived