Flipper's Snail Thread ;)

Flipper

Or thats what I know them as. 2u9unazy.jpg

I have them too. Unfortunately. You can have some though lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What a terrible name :o yes, I may take some. I must decide if I'm gonna get a puffer before I go snail berserk :o

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

Warning they do eat on plants some.

I have another that is quite prolific but its a wild species so idk if it would be legal to ship lol. If I get around to setting up the native tank ill put some in it though. Lol

Warning they do eat on plants some.

I have another that is quite prolific but its a wild species so idk if it would be legal to ship lol. If I get around to setting up the native tank ill put some in it though. Lol

Good to know :o

I just found more eggs! Mystery snail ones. :thud

:rofl you are gonna have to sell on multiple sites or give them away :o

You do know all you have to do is strap them off and throw out. That way they never develop and you don't get to many. Also I have seen people on aqua bid sell the whole batch of eggs.

• Supporter

Yeah I know. Ive been actually feeding them the the babies. They love them lol. What surprised me is I have the tank filled all the way to discourage laying eggs. But the did anyway of the middle of the lid no less lol.

Your pics are great! Thanks for sharing! Let's discuss this sheath thing :o

Thank you! And okay - I'll try to help although I don't have a ton of experience with snails.

No, want you and Dan have posted on your thread is very interesting. I'm wondering if mine has eggs inside now :hmm

• Supporter

Can you get a puc of the trap door? Does the shell have significant flare out at the bace or is it more flat? The turn over and look way works I mentioned there works too. In the pic I posted of my snails there the one on the far left and right are male the middle is female. The one on the far left..... umm well you can see his manhood as he was trying to mate at the time lol. Caught in the act as it where.

I can try and get more photos tomorrow when the light is better. As for the flare I'd say there is one, but only in comparison to not. It's subtle if there at all. Mostly I'd just say that the bottom of the shell just barely points outwards. What would that mean?

So maybe I do have a male after all. I know I didn't see the sheath on my old snail for quite a while after I got him and he got use to me being in and around the tank. My new guy has a tendency to run away from anything going on outside the tank. Today was the first time she's (he's?) stayed close to the front glass long enough for me to get some decent photos.

• Supporter

The male shell looks like a contact lens flipped inside out and the female looks like contact lens the way it should be put in someone's eye. :rofl3

lisa is this true? Will it hurt your eyes. My eye doctor never said anything about that. I can never tell which way is right. :thud. Im worried now.

Ps. Sorry to derail this thread momentarily.

The male shell looks like a contact lens flipped inside out and the female looks like contact lens the way it should be put in someone's eye. :rofl3

Hmm, what I was seeing didn't look anything that. I think I'd have to see some side by side pictures . . . I guess I'll just wait until I either see eggs or a sheath.