Oh no. Clampimg and scratching on the bottom

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not always. Seems particularly bad tonight. But yes generally very active both of them. Especially since I started treating with prazi. Is that bad

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

And especially when I'm trying to take a picture

Kat, when was your last round of prazi, and which round was it?

I would like to do as Susanne suggested and do another round, but would like a salt dip to accompany it.

Hmm I ant make it out properly. But I think Eduardo might have white spots on his fins. Not like grains of salt though. Maybe I'm imagining it.

Would you be able to post pics of them? I think we have an idea of what you are talking about, but pics to confirm is always best. :)

I'll try and get some pics that show it.

Just went to the local fish shop to get salt because I've run out and she was like why do you need do much salt you're poisoning you're fish. And if you change you're water so frequently you'll never cycle :(

Just went to the local fish shop to get salt because I've run out and she was like why do you need do much salt you're poisoning you're fish. And if you change you're water so frequently you'll never cycle :(

How much salt is too much salt? If you like, I am happy to provide scientific references on goldfish tolerance of salt.

Also, the way they cycle is to kill the cycling fish, because they don't change the water. :(

Of course their way works. It will also kill the fish. WE change the water because we don't want our fish dead. It may mean a little bit of a lag in the cycling, but I doubt that even that happens.

Most LFS are not as familiar with the care of goldfish as they are tropical or marine life. Also, they don't know the details of what is going on in the case of your fish. Its common to get that reaction. They care but they are not fully informed.

Have you tried getting plain salt (no additives) at the local grocery store? Much cheaper.

I'm currently salting at 0.3%. So 27 tablespoons. And I'd rather be safe then have a fast cycle

I'm glad you think that, because if we were in the business of being brutal in just wanting to accomplish our goal, I would tell you to drop everything, go and get a few "feeder" goldfish, throw them in a tank, do nothing but feed them, and wait until the tank cycles. Oh, and fish it out when it dies. :/

Anyway. I'll keep on track.But that was a bummer. Might stick to online shopping lol. I went to another fish shop and bought stuff against fin rot. Lots of fish in their display were sick though. While they weren't in the other. Shrugs