Oh no. Clampimg and scratching on the bottom

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up some praxipro from Kat. She was very helpful. Thank you again. So much. It's nice to meet some fellow kooks in London. I'll start with the treatment tonight o think. I have no idea how though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

This is the usual prazi treatment. We will need to amend it, obviously, because you are cycling.

PRAZIQUANTEL PROTOCOLS

A. FIVE DAY ROUNDS
Day 1: Big WC (>50%), add Prazi. Make sure salt is at the appropriate concentration. This is the beginning of Round 1.
Day 5: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 1.
Day 6: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 2.
Day 10: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 2.
Day 11: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 3.
Day 15: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 3.
Day 16: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 4.
Day 20: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 4.
Day 21: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 5.
Day 25: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 5.
Day 26: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 6.
Day 30: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 6.

This is enough for 6 rounds, should you need to go out that far.
Some reminders: Prazipro should only have salt to 0.1% if you are using regular dose. If double dosing Prazipro, you can raise salt to 0.3%. If you are using Prazi powder or tablets, then salt is at 0.3%.

A. SEVEN DAY ROUNDS
Day 1: Big WC (>50%), add Prazi. Make sure salt is at the appropriate concentration. This is the beginning of Round 1.
Day 2: Add another dose of Prazi. We routinely double dose with Prazi for the first round in this protocol.
Day 5: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 1.
Day 8: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 2.
Day 12: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 2.
Day 15: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 3.
Day 19: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 3.
Day 22: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 4.
Day 26: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 4.
Day 29: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 5.
Day 33: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 5.
Day 36: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, and add Prazi. This is the start of Round 6.
Day 40: Big WC (>50%), replace salt, but do not add Prazi. This is the end of Round 6.

I would recommend doing the 7 day protocol. It just gives them another day or 2 break between rounds vs the 5 day. When you are ready to start, I'd like you to do 2 large (80%) back to back WCs. You have been salting for nitrites, correct? 1 tsp per 10 gallons? I think we should double dose the first round of prazi. You will need to salt to 0.3% to do that. When you are ready, I can help you out with how much salt and how to add it.

Also it's extremely helpful to write out the plan ahead of time for each day. Again, I can help if you'd like. Just let me know. :D

I'm so glad you met up! That's was so sweet of Kat to do that!! :nana

Hi fantailfan. I think I will start tonight as soon as I am home. Today they were gasping at the surface quite badly. I am worried about them.

Yes I was salting. But I put 1 TBSP per 10 gal. So 3 TBSP. Was that way too much :o

I think you are right about doing the seven day round .

I will write down the plan and keep a diary as suggested. Maybe in this thread?

I added two live plants today to help with the nitrates and oxygen. Do I need to take them out?

Kat was extremely nice . I'm so grateful. To all of you amazing people.

Hi Dandy, it was too much. It should be tsp instead of tbsp (really, we should take this all metric).

You are going to start with a big water change so that will flush out the salt. The plants will be fine with the prazi, and should be fine at the lower salt level. If they look like it bothers them, just stick them in a bowl of water until your prazi rounds are done.

Let us know how it is going tonight.

The salt was more than was needed for nitrite protection but in the grand scheme of things you still only had them at 0.05% so no worries.

The big back to back WC will get rid of any salt. Like mrc said, the low salt shouldn't harm your plants. What type of plants do you have? :idont

Oh no :( stupid newbie mistake. I should have read more carefully. Is that maybe why the goldfish were gasping? I will change the water as soon as I get home. I have one java fern and got two Anarchis. Which I know will be eaten but apparently they are good consumers and it was the only thing the shop had.

No the salt would not have caused the gasping. And, like I said, no worries. It was still a very low dose.

If we are going to salt to 0.3% and double dose prazi for round 1, let me check on those plants in 0.3% salt. I think the java fern will be ok but not sure on the anacharis. I'll get back with you on that. :D They probably won't eat the java fern but you may not be so lucky with the anacharis. :teehee Some GF don't eat any plants. :idont

Yes, add Amquel. Hopefully you already have. :o

We are going to salt to 0.3% so for your 30 gallon tank please add 27 TBSP of salt (if you're using aquarium salt. 20 1/4 TBSP if using canning and pickling salt). Put all the salt in the toe end of a pantyhose and hang it over the side of the tank to dissolve. Don't be surprised if your fish try to eat it. Mine usually do. :rofl Then we are going to double dose prazi for this first round. That would be 3 tsp of liquid Prazi.

Let me know if you have questions. :D

They do try to eat everything don't they rofl.

That is a lot of salt. Just stuck it into the tank. in a pantyhose. I had already added the amquel and prazi.

Thanks guys for your help. Much appreciated Xx

Hi motherredcap and fantailfan,

They seem happy this morning. Came up to greet me and beg for food when I came in the room.

No clamping.

All seems in order. More tonight.

And yes it was a late night :P Fishies taking up all my time.