Oh no. Clampimg and scratching on the bottom

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0 to 0.25 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 20 to 40 ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? api freshwater master test kit
      • * Water temperature? 72
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 30 gal. 2 weeks
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquapond
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? At the moment daily because i am fish-in cycling. 50% wc the rest of the week. 80% today
      • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? today. 80% wc
      • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2.8 inches maybe
      • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? amquel plus
      • * What do you feed your fish and how often? saki hikari twice a day
      • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
      • * Any medications added to the tank? salt 0.1%
      • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. salt 0.1%

since Monday

• * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? no
      • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Everytime I change the water in the tank one of the fish starts clamping her fins. About 30 minutes after the change. i have also seen her in that period dashing to the surface coming back down and releasing bubbles. A couple of days ago she would eat peas and spit them back out. Today she did that with the pellets. although after I took her out of the tank to add new water. So maybe she was stressed. However I just saw her dive to the bottom and twist her side. As if she was trying to scratch herself against the gravel. :(

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her tap runs about 7.6 and her tank 8.0. I've been working with her on her cycling thread . . . . :)

Okay, sorry they weren't listed above. Then, that isn't the problem. So...go squash those Flukes :pan

Edited by jmetzger72

Dandy, do you have any medications with prazi in it? Lisa and Jared, I think that she hasn't had time to get prazi pro from the US. I'm not sure where opinion is running about using Wormer plus (available in the UK) because opinion is divided?

Could a salt dip begin helping while she waits for the prazi to arrive? Is there another UK substitute?

Hey girls and boys. Yes my tap ph is 7.4 to 7.6. At the moment my tank is the same. Although at the start it was more towards 8.

I have ordered prqzipro from tasty worms but am now waiting for it. I saw a thread in the UK bit about this med in the UK for discus that is similar to prazipro

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Dandy, do you have any medications with prazi in it? Lisa and Jared, I think that she hasn't had time to get prazi pro from the US. I'm not sure where opinion is running about using Wormer plus (available in the UK) because opinion is divided?

Could a salt dip begin helping while she waits for the prazi to arrive? Is there another UK substitute?

Hi Susanne, these are good suggestions, although the salt dip should be preceded by a thorough check of gills, as well as perhaps a trial run of a 1% salt dip first. :)

Wormer Plus remains a fantastic choice for flukes treatment in the UK.

Btw could the fact that Eduardo isn't eating much be a sign of flukes

It can be, as well as being a sign of just being ill/constipated.

Thanks guys for helping me.

Wormer plus is in the form of pills though isn't it? I am worried they won't eat it. They have been spitting out a lot of the stuff I have given them.

I thought they might be constipated. So i fed them peas but they didn't like them much. I also didn't feed them other the weekend. That was before I fed them peas.

They seem happy enough mist of the time. It's just Pascal that behaves strange 30 minutes after waterchanges and Eduardo who doesn't eat much.

I'm going to go get some bloodworms this weekend

Thanks guys for helping me.

Wormer plus is in the form of pills though isn't it? I am worried they won't eat it. They have been spitting out a lot of the stuff I have given them.

I thought they might be constipated. So i fed them peas but they didn't like them much. I also didn't feed them other the weekend. That was before I fed them peas.

They seem happy enough mist of the time. It's just Pascal that behaves strange 30 minutes after waterchanges and Eduardo who doesn't eat much.

I'm going to go get some bloodworms this weekend

Wormer Plus is not a pill, but is a powder. It is made for fish by Kusuri, and looks like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kusuri-Wormer-Internal-Parasite-Treatment/dp/B002ZTNRVI

So after todays waterchange, Pascalle almost immediately started flashing. She has calmed down now and has stopped doing it. Eduardo has swam a couple of times to the surface and the dived back down emiting bubbles. Pascalle is also doing this.

I have a big bottle of PraziPro and I am happy to share it with you so you can start the treatment before your bottle arrives :)

You guys in somewhere in the same neighborhood, aren't you? :rofl

I have a big bottle of PraziPro and I am happy to share it with you so you can start the treatment before your bottle arrives :)

You guys in somewhere in the same neighborhood, aren't you? :rofl

About 40 min if you take underground train :)