Oh. My. Gosh.

Could it be that this person has multiple tanks, and is giving away mollies, guppies, and platies from a different setup? I find it hard to believe that someone would take the same kind of fish, and call it three different things. :idont

Could it be that this person has multiple tanks, and is giving away mollies, guppies, and platies from a different setup? I find it hard to believe that someone would take the same kind of fish, and call it three different things. :idont

I don't know. I do know that my siblings had no idea that moors were goldfish. They seem to have several different types of goldies in there, so it might be alright to assume that they have no clue that those are all the exact same fish, though it also may not.

Edited by ChelseaM

It's true, they might not be aware of the different kinds of goldfish :) I bet if you showed a chihuahua, a rottweiler, and a great dane to a kid and said "dog" they'd look at you like "You crazy lady! Those things are completely different!" :P

I thought that maybe they had re-homed the goldfish, and, like Tammy said, were offering fish from another, tropical tank. Who knows, though? Either way, that amount of goldfish should never be kept in a tank that small. :(