55 Gallon Remodel

jmetzger72

Oh my Gosh I can Not say how much I LOVE your tank remodel :)

The stainless background is awesome!! I often wondered how that would look ;)

I also love the fake moss stones (must add to my fish wish list ;))

And your plants and goldfish are all gorgeous!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing :)

Thank you so much!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared are you sure she is a ninja...maybe a sumo? :hide:

:rofl

:rofl3:rofl3:rofl3

Jared, your tank is gorgeous, and your fish are absolutely stunning! I can see why people are threatening to steal them, especially Saki :wub::rofl

Thank you!

• Supporter

WOW. I made verbal "ooooooo" and "aaaaaaa" sounds when watching this. Your tank is fantasical! You have done such an awesome job on it! Everything works beautifully together. I've never seen a background like that before. It's just great. And your fake moss stones are crazy cool. I am just in love with all your goldies :D

Jared…your remodel looks great! I think the background has a cool modern/industrial feel…always wondered what I would do if I got a black fish since I have a black background now. I like the video vs. pics…and I must say this entire thread has been quite entertaining. :teehee

The tank looks amazing! And the fish.....well I would take any of them off your hands :D

Perhaps you can come and visit Saki sometime. :rofl3

Maybe we could organize, ahem, something.... I have friends in Chicago ya know :rofl

It looks amazing! I really like that brushed finish, and wish that I'd thought of this before I painted my tank.....YESTERDAY! :rofl3

I may still turn around and redo this. Where did you get the contact paper, and how did you apply it?

It looks amazing! I really like that brushed finish, and wish that I'd thought of this before I painted my tank.....YESTERDAY! :rofl3

I may still turn around and redo this. Where did you get the contact paper, and how did you apply it?

:peeka this is what I tried to suggest to you in ltaf :rofl I wish I knew what it was called and that you'd like it so much!!!

:peeka this is what I tried to suggest to you in ltaf :rofl I wish I knew what it was called and that you'd like it so much!!!

I had already started painting by then. It's easy enough to scrape off, if I really wanted to. We just have to figure out what this is, and how easy it is to put it on. :P

The tank looks amazing! And the fish.....well I would take any of them off your hands :D

Maybe we could organize, ahem, something.... I have friends in Chicago ya know :rofl

She may be, ahem, traveling to Grand Rapids in April if my daughter has her way! :yikes

She may be, ahem, traveling to Grand Rapids in April if my daughter has her way! :yikes

But I think we should go and get them all!

I got it at Home Depot. I will warn you that it is a pain to apply. I figured out how to do it after a couple of fails. So, I can give you some tips if you decide to try it :)

I got it at Home Depot. I will warn you that it is a pain to apply. I figured out how to do it after a couple of fails. So, I can give you some tips if you decide to try it :)

Is it anything like window film?

:nana

Is it anything like window film?

Here it is:

IMG_20140214_141031_973.jpg

I think we need a "How the Hell-o did you do that" vid. :pp I would imagine that the side with the adhesive is not the side that you'd want to stick to the aquarium. Did you add some kind of adhesive to the "correct" side, or did you use the "wrong" side up?

I think we need a "How the Hell-o did you do that" vid. :pp I would imagine that the side with the adhesive is not the side that you'd want to stick to the aquarium. Did you add some kind of adhesive to the "correct" side, or did you use the "wrong" side up?

No, I stuck the adhesive side to the tank. It comes off and doesn't leave a residue if you don't like it.

Edited by jmetzger72