Goldfish Painting

jmetzger72

My Dad is 83 and retired. A few years ago, he decided to start painting. He has been taking lessons and is doing very well. So, I asked him to paint a Goldfish for me. He decided to use my Ryukin (Nishiki) for his inspiration. My Mom just sent me a picture. He is also making a frame for it which is not finished yet. Here it is:

nishiki001.jpg

:thud

I'm so glad you have my address already. I'll be watching for it. :D

:rofl

Wow! That is gorgeous. Don't let Tatsu see it. :yikes

:lol2 now you can HAVE Nishiki. :pp

That is gorgeous, Jared!! :heart your dad is super talented!

Thanks! He is actually going to fill in the hump a little with black for me. We have a great relationship. So, he didn't mind when I said the hump was wrong, But, he definitely captured her "robustness" :rofl

Edited by jmetzger72

Thanks! He is actually going to fill in the hump a little with black for me. We have a great relationship. So, he didn't mind when I said the hump was wrong :rofl

That's great :)!

They say you are your own worst critic. Apparently not the case with Jared and his dad. :o

:rofl3

That's the problem with OCD. I knew I would always see the incorrect hump when I looked at it. And God forbid, if it's hanging crooked on the wall :crazy:

:painting:

Wow jared!! You must be soooo excited!! Your dad did such a beautiful job. She would have been my muse, too. :teehee