February 2014...Warning: Pic Heavy!

yafashelli

Looks awesome! I do love that sprayed textured bottom but the thought of emptying everything out is too much for me. Do you still have that 40b? I can't remember.

I had to drain everything for Hurricane Sandy (what a mess that was), and this was the result of being stuck in the house. Lol! It was supposed to look like Tahitian Moon Sand, but I didn't spray in enough black, and it's more grey than I wanted.

your tank looks amazing :) loving all the plants :)

which one is the coffeefolia?

mine looks different than yours unless mine was mislabeled ;)

041a.jpg

Yours is definitely a coffeefolia. Mine looks very similar, but is much smaller. I can't wait to watch it grow! :) Thank you!

I need moar plants!

• Supporter

Just lovely!!! I know you are showing off your plants, but your goldies stole the show for me :D They are soooooooo adorable!!!

What is that on the bottom of the tank? Is that a think layer of substrate or do you have something under the glass? It looks really nice!

It's textured spray paint on the outside of the bottom pane. My tank is barebottom, but doesn't it look like sand? :o I love it. :) If you want to do it yourself, I'm very happy to help.

oooooo I may take you up on this. It really does look like sand :D

Just lovely!!! I know you are showing off your plants, but your goldies stole the show for me :D They are soooooooo adorable!!!

What is that on the bottom of the tank? Is that a think layer of substrate or do you have something under the glass? It looks really nice!

It's textured spray paint on the outside of the bottom pane. My tank is barebottom, but doesn't it look like sand? :o I love it. :) If you want to do it yourself, I'm very happy to help.

oooooo I may take you up on this. It really does look like sand :D

It's fabulous, and the spray paints come in different colors, so you can make it look like whatever sand that you choose. :)

Your tank looks fantastic! And you have such large whales, OSHA will be calling you soon!! :rofl

Hahhahahahahahaha! Thank you, I think they've grown so much! We're going sand shopping today! I don't think that I'll buy anything, but now that I've officially painted the background, I'm going to start looking.

Edited by yafashelli

Your tank looks gorgeous Tammy with all your new plants. :) You also have a couple of Huge beautiful fish. I love them all. Your babies are getting big. No wait, they are big. :)

Thank you so much! :) It's been wild, watching them grow up. :heart

I think no matter how many plants I have, it will never be enough. :rofl3

Your tank looks gorgeous Tammy with all your new plants. :) You also have a couple of Huge beautiful fish. I love them all. Your babies are getting big. No wait, they are big. :)

Thank you so much! :) It's been wild, watching them grow up. :heart

I think no matter how many plants I have, it will never be enough. :rofl3

ha ha I'm beginning to understand the obsession with live plants. I keep buying more in my 20g but am trying to cool it. But,...Petco is having that big plant sale this weekend. :) (I had posted a thread awhile back on that)