Vanessa Has A Hole In Her Wen

waterfaller1

That must be such a relief for you, seeing Vann swim most of the day today instead of sitting. And you said he's back to eating. :) Such positive news.

Vann looks like he's healing also with the photo's that you posted today. Especially on the top of the sore/hole. That brown area. Is that filling up with new tissue?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you Koko, admin/mods would consider pinning this thread. :)

Carole,

I am sure that this will be pinned, once we've come to a successful conclusion. We are all crossing our fingers and wish you well. :)

Yes, it is filling up! I do not think it will ever be quite the same, but that is fine by me. I just want him well.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I was wondering where your topic went while trying to find it. It was at the top, pinned. Congratulations on this Carole.

That's awesome that the hole is filling up. I hope it doesn't stop and continues to fill the whole area up. There are a lot of people that care for Vann and you and want the best for him.

I hope the meds your using now for Vann, metronidazole and nitrofuracin green will be used for all other fish that have this awful hole in the head or wen. You are showing us that these two combined are working. Your Vann is such a fighter for going through all that he has.

Thanks so much for asking and your comments are all much appreciated. Vann continues to get stronger and heal each and every day. We are at day ten with the metronidazole and nitrofuracin{sorry for spelling it wrong?} 4 more days, then just clean water while he heals. He swims throughout the day now, instead of just lying flat the way he was. I will try and get more pics and maybe a video over the weekend. Hugs to all

Thanks so much for asking and your comments are all much appreciated. Vann continues to get stronger and heal each and every day. We are at day ten with the metronidazole and nitrofuracin{sorry for spelling it wrong?} 4 more days, then just clean water while he heals. He swims throughout the day now, instead of just lying flat the way he was. I will try and get more pics and maybe a video over the weekend. Hugs to all

Hello Carole,

I'm so glad Vann continues to do well, and I am sure everything will be completely resolved shortly.

I do have one suggestion. I do think it's very crucial that you don't stop the meds until the wound is completely white with new tissue, even if it means going past the 14 days for a few more days. :)

Incidentally, I don't know if you saw, but this method is Ken Fischer's of Dandy Orandas' favorite method of treating ulcers. I will be sure to recommend this if this is possibility for the person with sick fish.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

Thanks Alex. Does Ken have a place on his site where he discusses treatments?

I got the method of treating with Metronidazole and Nitrofuracin Green for the hole in the wen from Cynthia of ECR. I did not realize how Hexamita affects the fish in the gut. My two fish who died suddenly had the distended abdomen{remember one had the yellowing on the belly too} and long long white poop.

BTW something dug up my fish in the yard. Raccoon maybe... :cry

:( I'm sorry your fish was dug up. When I've buried a fish in the past I bought a small wood jewelry box (10 dollars maybe) and buried him in that like a little coffin to keep animals away since we also have raccoons and cats in our yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IM so happy to hear how well Vann is doing!!!!

I got the method of treating with Metronidazole and Nitrofuracin Green for the hole in the wen from Cynthia of ECR. I did not realize how Hexamita affects the fish in the gut. My two fish who died suddenly had the distended abdomen{remember one had the yellowing on the belly too} and long long white poop.

The thing to be careful of is that many infections will result in distended bellies. You but have to scan the many chapters in Noga.

I'm so sorry something got to your fish that you had buried. :( That's awful and sad. :(

I've removed the off topic posts from this thread and I hope the parties involved are able to resolve their issue, for the sake of this pinned thread of Carol's, I thought it would be best.

Thanks for understanding. :)