Vanessa Has A Hole In Her Wen

waterfaller1

Ok...they are being guarded about the ingredients, but here was the response to my question this morning.

me~

Thank you for keeping in touch Rebecca. My friends on Koko's goldfish forum are wondering what is in the pro-treat, as it appears that it is not an antibiotic? They are concerned that I am wasting valuable time, and should be treating with something else.

Their reply~

Hi Carole,
I can assure you that pro treat is an antibiotic that is proven to work. It was developed by mag noy in Israel 18 years ago. We introduced it back in 1999. We currently have many koi judges and KHa using the product and swearing by it.
Rebecca

You see that she just contradicted the actual company blurb on it, right?

I understand about proprietary products, and I am all for it. You can give people a clue, without actually hurting your profit margin.

Anyway, as I said, I am just always very wary of people who claim a lot, but don't have much to show for it. In the end, what matters is the fish, and I am hope that it works spectacularly on Van, without any future repercussions. :)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am giving up. If anything it looks worse,bigger. I am sorry Van..Any more suggestions?

The original suggestion...oxolinic acid, although I will have to say that by this point, the infection is probably very deeply rooted, and not easy to eradicate.

I'm so sorry. :(

I am in contact with a vet, that may be willing to do a biopsy. He is looking at the pics.

That would be a great thing, Carole, if you can get a vet to biopsy. However, if he's not a specialized aquatic (koi) vet, he may be less help than he could be.

What Koko means is silver colloidal particles. It is often used as an alternative therapy, since it is thought to have antimicrobial activities.

He says it was actually his specialty, that and amphibians. This is the vet I originally tried to contact. He apologized profusely when he got on the phone. His kids were very sick when he received my original e-mail.

How do you do this treatment with silver?

• Admin

OK you need to order

http://www.amazon.com/Amino-Acid-Botanical-Su-Colloidal/dp/B0057ZH5NS/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1395167149&sr=1-1&keywords=colloidal+silver

Then if you have a qt tank what ever the gallons is one drop per gallon of Silver.....Let it set for 24 hours then do a full water change and add the silver back in doing this for 5 days.....

Then I would also like you to do 2 drops in the hole every day for 2 days...

:)

What are the risks? What I mean is why did you say "if you are going to give up...." ??

Koko just means that it's not standard/conventional treatment, that's all.

As far as I am aware, there is no risk, in terms of safety. :)

Hey I am all for let's try anything at this point. I changed out his water 100% and just added back salt for now. Is the salt going to be ok, or does it need to be plain water? I added three tspns per gallon.

Hey I am all for let's try anything at this point. I changed out his water 100% and just added back salt for now. Is the salt going to be ok, or does it need to be plain water? I added three tspns per gallon.

The salt doesn't hurt, but I am not sure that it has any beneficial effects at this point. You could just leave it, and then dilute it out with subsequent WCs :)

• Admin

What are the risks? What I mean is why did you say "if you are going to give up...." ??

Koko just means that it's not standard/conventional treatment, that's all.

As far as I am aware, there is no risk, in terms of safety. :)

:bingo:

I have even used salt with the Silver no ill effects. hun... used it many times now... Charlie and Sunkist are still with me :)