Vanessa Has A Hole In Her Wen

waterfaller1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the support everyone. It is such a scary feeling every day. Do you do this? I wake up very early in the a.m.{just woke up } and even though it is dark, the light that casts over from the stove is like a night light, and enough to see his orangeness . Is he still swimming? Or if I go out shopping or somewhere, the first thing I do when I get in is look to see.....still swimming? I worry so much! So far so good. The black is still present, but the hole seems to be shrinking a little. An odd thing it never appeared red or inflamed in any way. Ok so I will name him Van Morrison, and call him Van. A great musician. :)

Carole, you are still going to continue with MGs after tomorrow, right?

Yes! For a total of two weeks, right? That means we quit not this Sunday, but next Sunday. I am glad they seem to like it as well as they do.

Thank you for the support everyone. It is such a scary feeling every day. Do you do this? I wake up very early in the a.m.{just woke up } and even though it is dark, the light that casts over from the stove is like a night light, and enough to see his orangeness . Is he still swimming? Or if I go out shopping or somewhere, the first thing I do when I get in is look to see.....still swimming? I worry so much! So far so good. The black is still present, but the hole seems to be shrinking a little. An odd thing it never appeared red or inflamed in any way. Ok so I will name him Van Morrison, and call him Van. A great musician. :)

Carole, you are still going to continue with MGs after tomorrow, right?

Yes! For a total of two weeks, right? That means we quit not this Sunday, but next Sunday. I am glad they seem to like it as well as they do.
Yes, I do that! I don't want to wake them up but I want to see of they're okay. :):rofl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am out of likes already today..dang it. :huh: I suggest we change that. How come there is a restriction on 'likes' of posts? Anyway..I tried to like your post Justin! Thanks for your reply.

Because the likes are supposed to be for particularly good and informative posts. I think it's pretty reasonable to limit to 50/day. Actually, that's quite generous. :rofl

No way I gave out 50 likes..no way. Sure it's not 20? It's more or less a way to say thanks, or I really like your post on a bird forum I am a member of. Ok so I will reserve them from now on..sheesh.. :thumbup2:

You can like it tomorrow! :lol2

No way I gave out 50 likes..no way. Sure it's not 20? It's more or less a way to say thanks, or I really like your post on a bird forum I am a member of. Ok so I will reserve them from now on..sheesh.. :thumbup2:

May be it's 20...whatever the number is...there's a lot. :rofl

• Admin

I am out of likes already today..dang it. :huh: I suggest we change that. How come there is a restriction on 'likes' of posts? Anyway..I tried to like your post Justin! Thanks for your reply.

Because the likes are supposed to be for particularly good and informative posts. I think it's pretty reasonable to limit to 50/day. Actually, that's quite generous. :rofl

Full members is 20

May be it's 20...whatever the number is...there's a lot. :rofl

:bingo:

Maybe people will use them wisely :thumbup2:

Carole, sorry to pollute your thread with my silliness (I'm such a clock watcher on Friday :rofl) I hope Van/Vanessa makes a fast recovery! I'm amazed that you have the nerve to give injections to a fish ( I certainly couldn't)--well done!

No worries. You never have to worry about going off topic on a thread I start. I never mind, unless it's a fight. :SmackBottom:

So today was Van's last shot. He had an odd reaction today and flipped over and went down into the anubias when I returned him to the tank. Remember he has not been out of water through this whole procedure. He stayed that way, upside down. I reached in and flipped him back over, and he has been fine all day. Not sure what that was all about.

Stress maybe..? :scared

• Supporter

Oh, poor Van. Strange he flipped over like that, but glad he's right side up now. I bet that was more stressful for you than him!

And I have found I always seem to use up all of my likes too quickly... LOL... then I hover on the same page and click until 1 refreshes :rolleyes: Bad!

I just read through your thread. I'm glad your treatment seemed to work and that Van (love the name change :) ) is doing good. May he continue with good health. He's a gorgeous fish.

• Supporter

great news, Carole! could you update us with some pics? just to give us a visual as to what to expect at this stage of treatment. i suspect we will use your thread to refer others, should they wish to go the injections option :)

Thank you both. Yes, I can get some today. The hole is closing in an unusual manner. Hard to explain. While it is smaller than it was originally, it's almost as if it is healing along the walls of the hole. In other words, if you look down inside the hole it is not raw, there is new growth closing that up. Does that make sense?