Damnit I am be owning an addict

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if I am being the party pooper here, but would a 20G tank be the best tank for a comet? :peeka

I wouldn't do it, but technically it follows the guidelines...

Guideline for fancies or single tails?

Hi Homer,

We've had lots of discussions on stocking guidelines. While not everyone agrees, the general guideline is 15-20 gallons for both fancy and single-tailed fish.

In addition, Dandy's 20 might well be imperial gallons, equating to 24 US gallons. :)

I like water changes They are therapeutic I've even gotten used to the taste of the occasional water swallow

okay I'm gonna need a lot of therapy on the water situation

That's too far, man. :rofl

I kind of enjoy water changes too, though some weeks I have to kick my butt into gear to get started. They're relaxing when you aren't dealing with any kind of problems or sick fish.

I think I would find it hard to stick to one tank now as well. :teehee I wouldn't really want more than one goldfish tank (Though I would happily have a 500 gallon dedicated to them if I could...and/or a pond) but I'm hopelessly addicted to fish keeping in general. I love my tropical and betta tanks, both for the fish and the plants. I ALWAYS want more tanks, though I admit at some point the maintenance would get too heavy. I really want a saltwater tank someday, I've wanted a freshwater pufferfish for ages, especially now that Fang has been posting hers on here, and someday waaaay in the future I want a stingray. My husband always likes the cichlids at the pet stores...and I'd love to do some sort of breeding project someday too. I've accepted my life as a crazy fish lady.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. And I thought you would tell me off. Learn to be a good mum to your two goldfish first :P Good thing I dont have more serious addiction problems ;) Person from gumtree hasn't replied yet. But if they do... Shame raingarden doesn't ship to the UK

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Wow - i did not get the same response ...... and I have a 55 gallon! :crying: .............. haha* oh well

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy water changes. :peeka

I do too! Very zen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless I'm sick. Then it becomes a chore, and I feel every one else's pain. :rofl

I do too! Very zen.

Unless I'm sick. Then it becomes a chore, and I feel every one else's pain. :rofl

LOL! Try sticking your head in a tank with the stomach flu...eeeeeeew.

I do too! Very zen.

My whole fam had the stomach flu last week - ugh! - the worst****** - and i'm dealing with QT and a prazi treatment on a 55 - not fun* - much better this week...... feel better soon*

I do too! Very zen.

My whole fam had the stomach flu last week - ugh! - the worst****** - and i'm dealing with QT and a prazi treatment on a 55 - not fun* - much better this week...... feel better soon*

I hear ya! I've got 4 kids and they like to get the virus one at a time. lol. Yay for me...

• Supporter

I do too!! I'm glad I'm not alone, but then I also enjoy doing laundry...it's a wonderful feeling when everything is beautiful and clean again.

The water changes did get much better after getting the python aquarium cleaner though. My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas last year, and I asked for that and a few other fish things. She couldn't quite understand it--an aquarium cleaner--really? It's the best thing ever after dragging around so many buckets!

I am also developing a case of multiple tank syndrome. I went on the Rain Garden site after seeing amoonklein's cuties, and now I'm scheming on how to afford a 125 gallon--maybe next year--and then I can get more goldfish. Then I start thinking about what to do with the then-empty 55 gallon. I also have an empty 16 gallon here right now that I think would make a nice betta home. This could get bad!

I do too!! I'm glad I'm not alone, but then I also enjoy doing laundry...it's a wonderful feeling when everything is beautiful and clean again.

The water changes did get much better after getting the python aquarium cleaner though. My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas last year, and I asked for that and a few other fish things. She couldn't quite understand it--an aquarium cleaner--really? It's the best thing ever after dragging around so many buckets!

I am also developing a case of multiple tank syndrome. I went on the Rain Garden site after seeing amoonklein's cuties, and now I'm scheming on how to afford a 125 gallon--maybe next year--and then I can get more goldfish. Then I start thinking about what to do with the then-empty 55 gallon. I also have an empty 16 gallon here right now that I think would make a nice betta home. This could get bad!

What did amoonklein get? I'm curious.... where can I see pics?

• Supporter

I love raingardens fish. Makes me want to move over the pond just so that I have access to them lol

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

That's too bad. Aren't there any good breeders over in your neighborhood? I love the orandas and the lemon colors that Rain Garden has.