To Fish in London. Fish-In Cycle Diary

The stick on thermometers tend to not be really accurate. I would think the one on the heater itself is more accurate . . .

Have you treated for flukes?

(Sorry, following too many threads . . . can't keep everyone straight. That's why I write down the dates I treat or else I forget. :rofl )

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they were never treated. I am pretty sure about that. Hmm. So how do I treat. Salt dips? I don't have a quarantine tank yet or prazi. And since I am cycling my tank can I disinfect?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

• Admin

Maybe I can order praxipro from tastyworms. Do they need to eat that+

and become a 6 month subscriber and get a jar of soilent green :)

Tonights values:

PH 7.4 to 7.6

Ammonia 0 to 0.25 ppm

Nitrite 0.5 to 1.0 ppm (its getting higher :/ )

Ammonia 40 to 80 ppm

Temp: 70

Another 50% wc and half a dose of salt ahead.

Fish seem active. No bottom sitting.

I put in some peas that I had left to soak with garlic the whole day.

They raced towards it. Then started sucking it up and spitting it out. But at this point most of it has been eaten.

No not yet. It's a lot of money. Together with the postage.

But I think I will order it tonight.

I really don't want my fish to die. I know that this stage is the most dangerous. It would be very upsetting if after one year in a fishbowl they die when I put them in proper accomodation.

how long does this stage usually last? and how will I know the nitrates are building up if i have nitrates in the tank :/

I would guess it will be 2-3 weeks of nitrites. I think while cycling, you'll be doing enough WCs to keep the nitrites down that the nitrates won't be an issue.

Once you're done cycling, we'll have to figure out what to do about those nitrates. Perhaps add some bamboo and/or pothos to your filter. You could even do that now. :D

Yeah. I was thinking of popping down to my local fishshop on Saturday. Find some plants. I don't want my tank to get too crowded, so might try and find some surface things and bamboo. I'm not sure he will have much though. He already told me he doesn't sell suckered because it's a pest in the UK

Bamboo and pothos are not aquarium plants. They are both terrestrial plants that you would stick the roots in the filter and have the leaves sticking out of the filter. Terrestrial plants tend to help with nitrates while aquarium plants help more with ammonia. Floating plants might help with nitrates. You could try some water sprite. :D Although my fish see water sprite more as lunch than a nitrate buster. :rofl3

Oh I didn't realise that terrestrial plants were the ones that consumed nitrates. I thought it was both.

I'm going to need to checkout the plant side of our forum. Although I have been reading soupmonsters blog.

There is a subscriber forum with games (basically it's one long random conversation) and a fish section :rofl (surprise) where we talk about random fish stuff. There is an off topic section. It's kinda like a mini version of the regular forum. You really get to know members a little better in there cuz we all just talk about anything and everything under the sun. :rofl3

It's a flurry of activity. :rofl