Melafix and Pimafix?

jmetzger72

Chai you can as long as it pertaining to the thread and is good information :)

Ah, good to know! Thanks Koko. :):hug

I'm a strong believer in the power of natural medicine.. but when it comes to my fish, I'd rather act quickly and not risk secondary problems.

I think Melafix is great alternative to salt for torn fins, superficial cuts, etc. and plan to buy a bottle for that purpose alone. I'll pass on Pimafix.

Edited by Chai

Now that it has been over a day since I did back to back 90% water changes (which took out most of the Melafix), I notice that both of my orandas are much more perkier. I did notice that while on Melafix they were a bit slow and there was some bottom sitting (not a lot). So while the Melafix did appear to help, it also may have contributed to these unwanted side effects. I'll have to consider this before I decide to use Melafix again. But it is an option.

I had a positive experience with 8 days of melafix on my Ranchu with a stubborn gill plate ulcer. Tried 10 days of kanaplex but the ulcer with redness returned in a couple of days. It has been two weeks no redness noted. Here's the thread with photos. Had a lot help from dnalex. I plan to try pimafix on my second ranchu with white spots on his tail where melafix and 3% salt dip failed.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/115012-ranchu-with-pinkish-spotucler-on-gill-cover/page-6

Before any treatment:IMG_1552_zpscdd0f6cd.jpg

Today:IMG_1722_zpsf7eddde6.jpg

I plan to try pimafix on my second ranchu with white spots on his tail where melafix and 3% salt dip failed.

Will you please be sure to let us know the results of the Pimafix treatment. I am particularly interested in the effectiveness of Pimafix as there is less information available for it than for Melafix. API seems to encourage using both products together to cover a broader range of possible diseases.

I plan to try pimafix on my second ranchu with white spots on his tail where melafix and 3% salt dip failed.

Will you please be sure to let us know the results of the Pimafix treatment. I am particularly interested in the effectiveness of Pimafix as there is less information available for it than for Melafix. API seems to encourage using both products together to cover a broader range of possible diseases.

I think Andy has decided not to try Pimafix for the moment, since what he wanted to treat may not actually be anything that needs treatment. :)

(I'm going to move this thread over to the Treatments sub-forum, as it has been a very nice discussion of some possible current internationally available treatments.)