New Life Spectrum Thera +A Jumbo?

MagicCat

I know that Alex, the mod, recommends pellet size about 1mm in size no matter the size of the fish. It better for floaty purposes.

I hope this helps ;)

:goodluck

Thanks guys. I ended up just going with the regular NLS made specifically for goldfish (1mm pellets). One of my fish was just getting really constipated/floaty on Saki Hikari Purple no matter how little I fed, how long I soaked it, etc that I had to switch. Hopefully it'll help.. I glanced over the ingredients of the NLS Goldfish and the Thera A jumbo and they were literally identical. The protein, fat, fiber, etc content was slightly different though. If it doesn't do the trick I guess I'll order the smaller Thera A off Amazon.

Sent from my N861 using Tapatalk

Edited by MagicCat

Good choice :thumbs:

You can also feed veggies for constipation.... Red leaf lettuce, spinach, peas, kale etc

I've been feeding veggies like crazy haha, mostly peas and kale. They help for awhile, but once I fed the Hikari the fish always has floaty issues not to long after I give it to her.

You could ask for when they get shipments, go then, they should be stocked up on the other sizes. Right now I have the 2 mm it was the smallest I could find, and I just pinch it a bit and it crumbles down, the 2.5 and 3 inch fish don't need it that small but little 1.5 inch Bono needs it tiny. They are moist so it isn't hard to crumble them.

However, those pellets would be a bit big to crumble.

It would be more work than it's worth. You'd have to pretty much cut them with pill cutters and hope they don't end up making a huge mess. :rofl

The goldie pellets were a good choice, let us know how it works out! :)

Thanks guys. I ended up just going with the regular NLS made specifically for goldfish (1mm pellets). One of my fish was just getting really constipated/floaty on Saki Hikari Purple no matter how little I fed, how long I soaked it, etc that I had to switch. Hopefully it'll help.. I glanced over the ingredients of the NLS Goldfish and the Thera A jumbo and they were literally identical. The protein, fat, fiber, etc content was slightly different though. If it doesn't do the trick I guess I'll order the smaller Thera A off Amazon.

I think that if you scrutinize the ingredients list, there is very little difference between the different formulas in a brand. Certainly, I've used every kind of NLS pellet to feed my goldfish, with equally happy endings. :)

For me personally, I would not want to feed my fish anything larger than 2mm. As I've said before, the 1-1.5mm pellets are just about perfect, and there is no reason even a huge fish can't eat them. My 400 gram ryukin (along with other large fish that I have) do not have any issues getting and eating these pellets. :)