10 Gallon Quarantine Tank

Thanks for the video :)

They don't actually look too bad from what I can see, but I do have one concern. The 10 gallon may be too small for these fish, given their numbers. I am thinking that you should get a 20 gallon plastic tub to house them for QT. The problem I see is that ammonia (and possibly nitrites) will jump too high, even if you do 100% WCs daily.

How goes, Ms. Free? Did you get a chance to pick up a tub?

Hey Alex. All is well. When I say that I mean the fact that they are still alive and actually seem to be doing well. They are greedy little buggers.

I did buy a tub but unfortunately we didn't realize that there was a crack in it. I went to carry it back but it seems that all of them were squeezed in transit. Sadly they are still in the ten gallon tank. I'm doing daily water changes hoping that they can last until I get paid next week. They are very active too.

I was thinking about ordering the prazi pro liquid since that seems easier to use in a small tank vs the prazi powder. I also ran out of aquarium salt. My efforts are just failing me right now.

OK will do. Should I go ahead and order the prazi pro?

The priority right now is to give them daily WCs (or as much as you can do), and to get them the bigger tub. Then we will go from there, OK?

Hey Alex. All is well. When I say that I mean the fact that they are still alive and actually seem to be doing well. They are greedy little buggers.

I did buy a tub but unfortunately we didn't realize that there was a crack in it. I went to carry it back but it seems that all of them were squeezed in transit. Sadly they are still in the ten gallon tank. I'm doing daily water changes hoping that they can last until I get paid next week. They are very active too.

I was thinking about ordering the prazi pro liquid since that seems easier to use in a small tank vs the prazi powder. I also ran out of aquarium salt. My efforts are just failing me right now.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

You say your efforts are failing you.

Well, your fish seem to be doing okay by your own admission, so that is good. :)

I always like to think that the effort is what matters.

Keep up the good work Miss Free.

:)

Don't be too hard on yourself.

You say your efforts are failing you.

Well, your fish seem to be doing okay by your own admission, so that is good. :)

I always like to think that the effort is what matters.

Keep up the good work Miss Free.

:)

Thank you so much Mr Hyde. I really have fallen in love with them.

OK will do. Should I go ahead and order the prazi pro?

The priority right now is to give them daily WCs (or as much as you can do), and to get them the bigger tub. Then we will go from there, OK?

Yes, of course. :)

Wow, those fish are beautiful! The white ranchu looks just like my Nimrod, actually. Yes, I would definitely get a bigger tank - those fish look quite large! I would also use the liquid PraziPro; it's easy to dose in a 20 gallon, which is also the size of my QT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wow, those fish are beautiful! The white ranchu looks just like my Nimrod, actually. Yes, I would definitely get a bigger tank - those fish look quite large! I would also use the liquid PraziPro; it's easy to dose in a 20 gallon, which is also the size of my QT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Aww thanks Amanda! I ordered them on Sunday morning. I actually came across an ad on Craigslist. It's for a 70 gallon bow front with the stand for $200. I haven't seen a pic nut it's been two days and the seller hasn't responded. I'm actually praying it's still available and in good condition.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I know it's been a while but I just changed shifts so I'm working in a time frame that makes more sense. The fish are all still alive and doing pretty ok. I moved them to a 26 gallon tub. 3 lionhead one oranda and a tiny pearl scale that seems to like being there with them. They will be moving to a 70 gallon tank hopefully in the next month.

I did get the prazi pro and dosed with that after doing an entire water change. I can't wait to change the water... It smells awful lol. The five day period carried me to tomorrow afternoon. I have to get the stand for the 70 gallon varnished and I'm not sure when that will be. I think I did better than I thought I would.