Possible new fantail, need advice please

fishy

Hi-I have come across a fantail in my area that is in need of a home. From the pictures in the ad, it looks like he/she may have something wrong on the right side and above the right eye but I'm not sure. I have not had a fantail before and the pictures are kind of blurry so it's hard for me to tell. I apologize too, I do not know how to upload the photo onto my post. I will try to figure it out but no guarantee, I'm so not good with computer stuff. In the meantime, if you google Craigslist 4276223117 it will bring you to the pictures. I know getting to the picture is more involved but I would really like to help the fish, especially if he/she is having an issue. Thank you very much for any help you can give me : )

00B0B_le2E4Buuc5H_600x450.jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/4276223117.html

Is it the black that you are concerned about? It looks like coloring to me, but like you said the pics are a bit blurry. Most ammonia/chemical burn I have seen is not that dark black, and I don't see any black on the fins like you would usually see with ammonia burn. So, I would venture to guess that is just normal coloring ;)

EDIT: posted at the same time as Lisa ;)

Looks fine to me, and definitely worth being given a chance with you, Sam! :)

The only thing that jumped out at me was the fact that he/she hid in that corner in a couple of the pics.

I was a bit concerned too about the fish seeming to be hanging out low in the corner. Between that and the questionable dark marks, I was thinking the fish was not in the healthiest condition. I'm glad the marking is just color, will just have to see about hanging out in the corner after I get him/her. Thanks again : )