• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.6
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
  • * Water temperature? 25.1c
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 80 gallons, a few years
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Two Filters, one that came with the tank and one cannister filter, total 3200 Lph
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? 80-90% weekly
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 5 days ago, 90%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 6, between 2-5 inches
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Pellets, home made gel food 1-2 times a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? No
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Did 6 rounds of prazi a few months ago
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Frayed fins, black/red edging
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Nope, acting normal

Went to feed the fish this morning and noticed Bamboos tail looking tattered. The other fish seem fine. I didn't have much time to see the fish yesterday, but there was no sign of this 2 days ago.

1465373_10151994210113019_894963395_n.jp

1557656_10151994210108019_588101246_n.jp

I was thinking it would be best to QT Him with salt? But wasn't sure how much.

Edited by FishyMandy

• Supporter

I have added 0.1% salt :)

But I just thought of something. Google is my one eyed fish. I'm not sure how good his vision is in his remaining eye, it takes him a while to find food and to realize I'm near the tank (Sometimes he never notices unless I actually put food in, when he had both his eyes he would swim up as soon as I was near the tank) But anyway to my point, sometimes the other fish swim past Google and their tails run across his face, when this happens he tries to nip, I've never seen him actually get them before but he has tried (I'm not sure if he realizes it's another fish and not food hitting him in the face) Most of the time he keeps to himself. Maybe Bamboo 'swished' him and he nipped and got a bit?

• Supporter

Hi guys. I noticed something with Abraham today and decided to post here instead of making a whole new thread.

I will try to get pictures soon but Abraham has had this white/clear spot on his tail for ages now, but this morning I noticed on the inside of his tail it had turned into a lump. I held him and it feels hard and looks like a bubble. Is this anything to worry about?