• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 68 degrees F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15 gallon rubbermaid tub, 5 days
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? marineland 100 gph
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 90% w/c daily
      • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 90% two hours ago
      • * How many fish in the tank and their size? one 1.2 inch oranda
      • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime
      • * What do you feed your fish and how often? saki hikari pellets once a day
      • * Any new fish added to the tank? just the one
      • * Any medications added to the tank? .3% salt concentration
      • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. .....just the current salt treatment
      • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

at first i thought his fins were frayed, but upon closer examination he is just so white/see-through that it looks like his fins are frayed.... his belly looks swollen to me :(

also, i can't tell if he has ich, or if it was just dust on the outside of the bowl i put him in to take pictures?

however, he has been having normal and healthy looking poops....and i would think the salt would have destroyed any ich...by now? this is day 4 of salt....

***also, he was much darker in color when i brought him home....and has quite literally 'turned white' since being with me....is that bad?

• * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

he's pretty active, and has been eating like a hoover...

day5.jpg

Edited by Elisa

Maybe he is filling out now that he has a proper home with you and better quality food? Anyway, let's see what a mod says.

Since you have a top down picture of him in your sig, it would be good to get a top down picture of him now to compare. That may help a mod to see better.

I can't see any ich on him.

Maybe he is filling out now that he has a proper home with you and better quality food? Anyway, let's see what a mod says.

Since you have a top down picture of him in your sig, it would be good to get a top down picture of him now to compare. That may help a mod to see better.

I can't see any ich on him.

....i hope that's all it is.... i was reading up on swollen bellies and it's all pretty bad sounding :no:

i thought on his tail it looked like there were some white specks?

i don't know..... i might just be a paranoid fishmama :blink:

i just love the little guy to bits and don't want him feeling sick !

i am also wondering if i should be treating him with prazi?

this is his fourth day on the .3% salt treatment and i don't know if he's showing symptoms of flukes but i would rather err on the side of caution...

anyways, here's a top view pic of him i took when i was doing his water change earlier:

b466dd09-3985-4c08-8ccf-3c4a8f0b6660.jpg

Edited by Elisa

Oh no! I've grown attached to Mochi, believe it or not! I hope he's alright!

so have i, he's such a sweet little guy :heart

thank you for your kind words, i'm sure he could use all the positive energy :)

fingers crossed it's just typical QT things....

Oh no! I've grown attached to Mochi, believe it or not! I hope he's alright!

so have i, he's such a sweet little guy :heart

thank you for your kind words, i'm sure he could use all the positive energy :)

fingers crossed it's just typical QT things....

Hopefully. I have loved seeing him all the way from the beginning! :heart

Looks totally fine to me. He could be fatter! :rofl

At this salt concentration, he is not going to have ich, unless it's salt-resistant ich, and that I have not seen...ever. :rofl

Looks totally fine to me. He could be fatter! :rofl

At this salt concentration, he is not going to have ich, unless it's salt-resistant ich, and that I have not seen...ever. :rofl

i just felt my blood pressure drop back to a normal range after reading this :blink:

like literally, i had no idea i was so tense with worry :doh11:

thank you alex !!

mochi is going to live !!!!

:happydance

.....i don't think i should be allowed to look at the 'symptoms' portion of Fancy Goldfish a Complete Guild to Care and Collecting.... it's like WebMD for fish :rofl

------ on a more serious note, do you think i should go ahead and start the prazi soon?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I love the Fancy Goldfish book, and that book should teach you quite a bit, even if you are an advanced goldfish keeper, whatever advanced means. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Unless you are in a hurry, or if there are some worrying symptoms with Mochi, I would like to just to 0.3% salt for 2 weeks, and then head to the prazi treatment. I find that the salt does a lot of help with potential external parasite issues and other things, and by the time the 2 weeks are over, we can be confident not having to worry about things like ich, velvet and all those are weird things. :)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I love the Fancy Goldfish book, and that book should teach you quite a bit, even if you are an advanced goldfish keeper, whatever advanced means. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Unless you are in a hurry, or if there are some worrying symptoms with Mochi, I would like to just to 0.3% salt for 2 weeks, and then head to the prazi treatment. I find that the salt does a lot of help with potential external parasite issues and other things, and by the time the 2 weeks are over, we can be confident not having to worry about things like ich, velvet and all those are weird things. :)

lol !

i was gifted that book for my 16th birthday, some of the pages are worn from me flipping through it so much.... that thing was my veritable bible in the heyday of my fish-keeping obsession :rofl

thank you so much for all of your help Alex, i know i've been badgering you with a boatload of questions between here and the quarantine forum :rolleyes:

and 2 weeks of salt it is !!

so glad mochi is looking good, i aplogize for freaking out over nothing :hide: