Using driftwood in my goldfish tank:

Howdy folks!

I have a 65 gallon tank with a few small Ryukins, a small Moor and a large Shubunkin(7"). I live up the street from Upper Greenwood Lake in NJ and was able to garner a few really nice-sized specimins whilst the lake level was lowered this last month. I have had them in a clean barrel soaking in frequently(weekly)changed well water. Anything I should know to be on the lookout for other than keeping an eye on PH levels lest the natural tannins in the wood make the PH take a nosedive?

BB

If you do use it I would boil it before putting it in your tank to get rid of any bacteria. When I did use driftwood I had to scrub it every 2 weeks because it did get kind of icky. I didn't know that, one day I was cleaning my betta's tank and it was kind of icky. Bettas are forgiving : )

I'm with Chelsea you a stocked heavily so I would save the space for them to swim and have more water.. :)

I agree with the posts about saving volume for your fish. You are a tad overstocked. If at all possible, I think you need to save as much room as possible for swimming space.