Issue or paranoid?

LouiseAnn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agreed that it's not the same as before. Wen growth is usually convex (can be lighter in color and look like jelly) and wen disintegration is either flat or concave and covered by white tuffs (fungus). Where as if any traces of red is present, its confirmed as an ulcer. What do you see? Had to say this again, your water is still cloudy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It kind of looks like cauliflower... but its not getting deeper just bigger. Could be fungus I guess. Do I put him in qt?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just wrap a piece of small cotton over your existing cotton bud and dip into a generous amount of HP or PP and apply over it.(don't use any pressure) After, try to keep that area above water for at least 10 sec. I think no need to QT for now, wait for another day and report back please.

Just wrap a piece of small cotton over your existing cotton bud and dip into a generous amount of HP or PP and apply over it.(don't use any pressure) After, try to keep that area above water for at least 10 sec. I think no need to QT for now, wait for another day and report back please.

Thanks Jeff. I have taken this picture this morning... I can see what might be wen poking through the white where there was no wen peak before.

It might be wen but its hard to tell the color... its a deep orange. Not blood red but its so small it might be diluted blood. I cant tell.

Anyway just want to know your thoughts before I go doing a HP swab.

Thanks! post-23379-139155040064_thumb.jpg

Sounds ok from your description but from looking at your pic it warrants intervention. So I would say go ahead with the HP swap gently. Don't worry I do that all the time when I'm in doubt or suspicious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ok I have taken a look at my beautiful fishy and some of the white have smoothed out and become orange... I still can not be 100% sure but I think its turning into wen. Im worried if it is wen growth the swab will only do bad... My instinct tells me to hold off the swab until the morning so that's what im going to do. Ill try get a good shot of the fish in the morning.

On another note, my water is cloudy still. This is not normal. I am doing more frequent WC as I have commenced operation QT and maybe ive been sturring up my sand too much...

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Go with your gut instinct, Louise. :)

I think that Jeff was saying that if you continue to worry that it's something abnormal, a dab with HP won't do any harm. However, you absolutely don't have to do it. :)

• Supporter

if you don't have any meds in the tank (sorry, i haven't been following) and you are able to add some fresh carbon to your filters, perhaps this will clear the water for you. unless of course there is an algae bloom happening?

if you don't have any meds in the tank (sorry, i haven't been following) and you are able to add some fresh carbon to your filters, perhaps this will clear the water for you. unless of course there is an algae bloom happening?

Helen I forgot all about carbon :) I have salt in the tank, thats all ;) ill try that. Cant have micro particles in my water when my uv sterilizer comes in!

Go with your gut instinct, Louise. :)

I think that Jeff was saying that if you continue to worry that it's something abnormal, a dab with HP won't do any harm. However, you absolutely don't have to do it. :)

Thanks : ) I'm Like a Crazy Fish Lady ATM . Freaking Out over everything !

Ok so I have had another look at the wen... there is definitely wen growth closing in on the edges. The spot in the middle still seems a bit dark orange and is a bit concerning but im happy as long as the wen is growing.

Yeah! Im still worried about the veins in the tail. And im watching the wen like a hungry hawk lol.... and yep its official. My bf calls me the crayfish... short for the crazy fish lady O_o :lol::blink:^_^

I'm just checking to see how you and your fish are doing. Hoping all is good still.

Thinking of you Louise.

Sorry ive been sick :( but my oranda still has the mark, its definitely wen growth. Or healing. Either way its good! ! The redness in the fantail tail is still there tho ...

Thanks for checking in xoxo