Casey's Quarantine

I think that actually, you are fine to transfer him anytime to the 55, no salt and no meds.

My recommendation is to do a WC today, and then move him over. This will give you two days to observe for signs of incompatibility etc.

You can add Prazi on Friday before you leave, but I think you are fine to wait until you get home, which is what I would do. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that actually, you are fine to transfer him anytime to the 55, no salt and no meds.

My recommendation is to do a WC today, and then move him over. This will give you two days to observe for signs of incompatibility etc.

You can add Prazi on Friday before you leave, but I think you are fine to wait until you get home, which is what I would do. :)

I like the plan, Alex and will follow your recommendations right away. I think I'm most comfortable with waiting til I get back to do another round of praziquantel as the cleaner I can leave the water for them the better. I will have my sitter feed them every second day and dose with prime then, too.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Water parameters were all great when I got home Fri. and I did a 50% water change. Kirby and Casey were both looking good although I noticed Casey's white spots were still there. Today when I did a major clean on the tank I noticed Casey has a tear in his tail fin where the white spots are so I salted to .1% and added a dose of praziquantel to the tank. Anything else I should do? I'm leaving for 9 days on the 19th and want to make sure he'll be healthy enough to make out ok while I'm gone.