Hi all :)
Just wanted to give an update on day two of Mochi's quarantine !
I was able to go out today and buy him a heater, so it is slowly bringing up the temperature of his rubbermaid to an acceptable level lol
And with the slowly warming water, he seems to be much more active- which is awesome :heart

I also started him on his salt regiment.... we are currently at .01% kosher salt concentration :P
Hoping to eventually bring that up to .03% after two more 12 hour intervals.....
I also overnighted prazipro so he should be started on that tomorrow :goldfish: !
.....not sure if this is the right board to post this on, but it is titled 'quarantine'....so it seemed apropriate? eeeeeep :krazy:
I am a bit of a nervous fish mom- although i did finally see the little fishkin eat some hikari pellets so that's good ( i've been leaving them in the tank for only 10 min periods and today he finally ate them lol )......

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Test Results for the Following:

• * Ammonia Level(0ppm)
    • * Nitrite Level(0ppm)
    • * Nitrate level(0ppm)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap0ppm)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap0ppm)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap0ppm)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (7)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (7)
    • Other Required Info:

• * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API
      • * Water temperature? 64 degrees F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15 gallons, just set up yesterday
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? marineland 100 gph
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? daily 90%

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? today, 90%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? one oranda, 1.2 inches
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? saki hikari morning and night
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? just the one
  • * Any medications added to the tank? started salt regiment, will start prazi tomorrow
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? just the salting so far...
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? he has periods of decreased activity, some bottom sitting

Hope you have an uneventfull qt

thanks ! fingers and toes crossed :laugh:

Hooray on day 2! Glad he seems to be perking up. I'm sending good vibes for a very boring QT :D

thanks so much ! he still seems to be bottom sitting every so often, but then again i havn't had a goldfish in years- are they usually active all the time?

.... can't wait till the prazi gets here so i can get rid of any flukes if they're there !

Good luck with your QT! :)

thanks !

although I am starting to get concerned, he seems pretty sedentary at the moment :(

he occasionally meanders about the tank, but for the most part, he just finds a spot and floats/bottom sits there.....

....starting to worry :blink:

Edited by Elisa

.....also, how frequently should I be feeding him? (sorry for all of the questions, but he's my first fish in years !! eeeeeeep new mom syndromeeeee :krazy: )

Edited by Elisa

>>> i just ordered it today, it should be here tomorrow (the prazi) ....and it's okay to bring up the salinity that fast?

....gonna measure out all the teaspoons of salt now :)

Edited by Elisa

.....also, how frequently should I be feeding him? (sorry for all of the questions, but he's my first fish in years !! eeeeeeep new mom syndromeeeee :krazy: )

Once a day during QT is fine. Aim for at most 60 seconds worth of food only, please. :)

>>> i just ordered it today, it should be here tomorrow (the prazi) ....and it's okay to bring up the salinity that fast?

Yes, it's fine. :)

Once a day during QT is fine. Aim for at most 60 seconds worth of food only, please. :)

okay, thanks for the info :)

-----> currently salting for .3% !!

Yay, Mochi and Mochi's mom!!

hehehee thanks Lisa :)

i'm really rooting for the mochinatorr !! he's really kindof wormed his way into my heart :heart

--- also, i just noticed, he almost has the same coloring as my dog ! lol

for how many days (weeks?) should I maintain the .3% salt regiment? also, is a .3% salt concentration okay to use with prazipro?

Let me know when you get the prazi. We will work out a QT plan based on how things are going.

Also, you may want to have these handy:

1. Metro-Meds/Medi-Gold (from Goldfishconnection.com)

2. kanaplex, wherever it's sold

:)

Let me know when you get the prazi. We will work out a QT plan based on how things are going.

Also, you may want to have these handy:

1. Metro-Meds/Medi-Gold (from Goldfishconnection.com)

2. kanaplex, wherever it's sold

:)

will do ! and i will be sure to give you an update on mochi tomorrow- he already seems a bit perkier with the salt (maybe it's my imagination...but he does seem less 'bottom sit-ey' lol )...

hopefully prazi will be here tomorrow and i shall put an order in for both of those ! thanks so much for all the help !!!

is seachem kanaplex okay?

Edited by Elisa

Congrats on your new little guy. Hope we both have a really borrring quarantine for our little ones. :)

thankyou so much ! and likewise :heart

our little fishies are QT buddies :D

Update on day #3

Water params are looking good :)
And Mochi seems to be thriving in the .3% salt treatment, he keeps bopping around and foraging which is super adorable !
Although, he immediately darts and hides under the water heater when he sees me (or moose) approach the bin.... I think he's scared of me, because I've been moving him by hand back and forth when doing water changes :doh11:
However, he has a veracious appetite for such a little guy ( a good sign no doubt ! )- in fact, he ate three hikari pellets this morning ! Granted, the saki hikari pellets are pretty tiny but then again, Mochi is pretty tiny as well !! hahaha
So glad to see him looking better :heart
And a big thankyou to Alex and all of you kokonuts for all the kind words and advice !!!

Prazi should be delivered by tonight (hopefully).....
Going to do my 90% water change in a bit, followed by a full replace of the salt, and then I shall await further instructions as far as prazi treatment goes....
Ordering other recommended products today as well!
You guys are the best :gfish: :heart :heart