Jump to content

Swimbladder problems with oranda

Ma Ri

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

Test Results for the Following: from before today's water change

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tank). 0

* Nitrate level(Tank). 20

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* Water temperature? 66f

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75 g since September 2012

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqua clear 110

* How often do you change the water and how much? 25 gal 2x/week

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? This morning 25 gal

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 4" oranda healthy, 3"oranda floaty

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime and a bit of aquarium salt

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Was feeding hikari pellets basic and oranda gold. After the floating started tried veggie pellets...then tried frozen foods hikari and someone else I lost the wrapper. All after going the pea thing for several days in between.

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

The problem fish is much deeper bodied than the other, and she's a pig. When feeding the presoaked floating pellets her whole head would come out of the water. I thought she was gulping too much air. Did the pea thing for a few days. Tried spirulina pellets cause they were the only sinking pellets the lfs carried. Nope still ended up floating vertically. Peas again... Tried frozen food, blood worms, daphnia, and spirulina/ brine shrimp mix. That was going well until recently. I usually feed them in the morning and she was fine when I went to work at three. When I got home at midnight she was floating vertically again! This was after not having been fed for 14 hrs. They do have live Val's and wisteria in there to snack on. Should I remove those too? What do you think is going on? And what else should I try? Why is it alway my favorite fish that ends up making me crazy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...