possible pathogen outbreak, battle plan

LouiseAnn

Prazi round one in. I am wanting to do bi daily WC but the normal process is add prazi Wait 5 days 50% wc add more from memory please correct me if I'm wrong)... now im not sure what to do. Should I add more prazi every WC and keep doing bi daily? Or follow standard prazi method?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

When I was doing prazi and had to do a WC (I was still cycling so frequent WCs were necessary), I would re-dose the prazi if I was still in a prazi round. For example, if I was in a 5 day prazi round I would do the following:

Round 1 prazi:

Day one - large WC, full dose of prazi

Day two - prime if ammonia present

Day three - 50% WC, half dose of prazi (if 75% WC, then 3/4 dose of prazi)

Day four - prime if ammonia present

Day five - 50% WC, half dose of prazi

Day six - 90%+ WC, NO prazi

Day seven - 90%+ WC, NO prazi

Day eight - 90%+ WC, NO prazi

Round 2 prazi:

Day nine - 90%+ WC (prime), full dose of prazi

Day 10-13 - same as day 2-5

etc.

This is approximately what I did. While in a prazi round, if I did a WC, I re-dosed the prazi in proportion to the WC. While not in a prazi round (day 6-8), I would try to eliminate the prazi, dead flukes and unhatched fluke eggs with large water changes.

I hope this helps.

Fantastic! Thankyou. Ill do exactly that. Helps allot :);)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prazi round 2 is going in tomorrow :D I've had some great info given to me on another thread o what uv sterilizer to get, and have had two suspicious abnormalities pop up I my 4ft tank. Oranda with wen growth and orange around it and fantail with slightly veined tail. Just waiting on feedback from a mod on if I should be worried.

So I have come across a strange issue... my 3ft tank has amazing clear water... my 4ft is cloudy and getting worse even with the water changes. I don't understand :blink: I have an oranda with some serious wen growth going on so once that has finished ill add some carbon to see if that helps... I don't want cloudy water when my uv sterilizer comes in!

Oh there's always something lol

You could be getting an algal or bacterial bloom, which to me indicates that there is a imbalance in your tank.

Oh no. Could it be too much WC? Is that even possible?

• 2 weeks later...

So my sickness has put off my uv sterilizer purchase :( I want to get it before I go away on holiday gor ten days!

I have one you could have. Do you think it would be worth shipping it? Would it cost too much to ship it to Australia?

It is this one

18 watt jbj submariner

oh your so kind thankyou. I think postage might be a bit much tho. Thanks anyway hun.... lucky I have allot of work on so I am doing overtime, hopefully ill be able to afford it next week :)

I can't wait for my hobby to stop feeling so stressful and goes back to being beautiful and pretty.

Operation QT. I have completed the third week of QT. Unfortunately I couldn't keep up the water changes last week whilst sick but it was only a week and they are enjoying a nice 90% WC now ♥♥♥ so quick recap.... bi daily WC, only feeding NLS goldfish, peas, gel food made up of greens, all soaked in garlic elixir plus little pieces of garlic. also feeding probiotic once per week. Getting uv sterilizer as soon as I can. Have done 4th round of prazi. I think I might stop at 5.... don't actually remember how I git to 5 rounds, might look that up again lol. So far I have had some very strange wen growth and vein streaks I my white fish.... little concerned but ill keep trying!!!

I hope you get your tank sorted, Louise, and that your white fish returns to good health in no time :)

Thank you. I hope so too. I think im doing everything I can to give them the best shot at healing. I can't do much more ay B) Its hard when something goes wrong. But ill keep trying!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone :D first month of operation QT complete! One third of the way there :lol:

So far still all good. The red streaks are starting to fade, the strange wen growth is still there. But getting smaller. Nothing else noticeable going on accept for a serious growth spirt!

The filter is second hand. Its a aqua one aquis 1200. What's the best way of serializing it? Can I just bleach it? Will that harm the filter at all? I don't want to introduce anything bad whilst operation QT is still going :lol:

Do you guys think 3 months is enough time to make sure my tanks are disease free?

I wanted to transfer my three fish in my 3ft into my 4ft and use the 3ft as a qt for one new baby. (After opp QT is over)

Thanks :) I was beginning to worry I wouldn't be able to put them all together again :/

• 2 weeks later...

Ill post about my water chemistry when I get home from work. Ill put a post in D&D. Last WC was last weekend another WC is due tomorrow (ill do it today) im half way through operation QT and have dropped back water changes to 80% once a week.

One fish is bottom sitting and heavy breathing. Will respond when I go near the tank but swims week.

Also eats happily.

Hopefully its constipated. However last time this happened my fishy passed within 24 hrs.

Waaaah!

[emoji24][emoji32][emoji27][emoji22][emoji33]

Ill post about my water chemistry when I get home from work. Ill put a post in D&D. Last WC was last weekend another WC is due tomorrow (ill do it today) im half way through operation QT and have dropped back water changes to 80% once a week.

One fish is bottom sitting and heavy breathing. Will respond when I go near the tank but swims week.

Also eats happily.

Hopefully its constipated. However last time this happened my fishy passed within 24 hrs.

Waaaah!

[emoji24][emoji32][emoji27][emoji22][emoji33]

I'll keep a lookout for it and alert the mod team. :hug

My fish is on its way out. Just called the bf. Its on its side breathing very heavy. I can't do anything. Im sorry little guy, ♥♥♥ guess I should start operation QT again.

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]