A couple of questions regarding salt and prazi pro

cmclien

I had posted this question on my old d&d thread but I think its too old and no one responded.

So I am wondering the following.

1) how long can .3% salt be left in a tank for healing purposes? I feel it has been very helpful so far but don't know if its harmful at some point after a certain amount of weeks. I've had this amount in for 3 weeks.
2) how many weeks of prazi pro it is safe to treat with if I do one treatment per week? I've done 5 but was thinking of continuing for a few more if its that gentle.

This may help with the salt question...

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94546-on-the-use-of-salt/

Not sure how long for the Prazi. I think it might be under one of the pinned threads at the top of DandD though...maybe under Treatment. Hope that helps! :)

I had posted this question on my old d&d thread but I think its too old and no one responded.

So I am wondering the following.

1) how long can .3% salt be left in a tank for healing purposes? I feel it has been very helpful so far but don't know if its harmful at some point after a certain amount of weeks. I've had this amount in for 3 weeks.

2) how many weeks of prazi pro it is safe to treat with if I do one treatment per week? I've done 5 but was thinking of continuing for a few more if its that gentle.

These are all great questions, Cindi. :)

I'm sorry I have been away for the past week, so I am just now catching up on all the threads.

1) Salt at 0.3% actually can be used indefinitely in theory, BUT the issue is that you have to make sure that it stays at level by using some sort of salt concentration meter. The other thing is that you will just have to watch. Sometimes fish begin to react badly to salt, and you will see signs of what will look like parasitism and fin deterioration.

2) You can do more rounds, but my recommendation is to space out the rounds even more, if you want to do more. :)

Thanks Alex. I hope you had a great week off, vacation?

I did a 70% water change and did not replace the salt and may do another one again Friday which if my math is right should get it down to about 15% of the original amount of salt and by a third water change should be pretty insignificant. In looking at my notes I have had some amount of salt in there for about 5 weeks and really don't know how exact my guess work it for how many gallons I'm removing etc and thought it may be prudent to get it out this week. Arwin had begun acting a little darty which she never is and I did wonder about that.

Do you think a prazi pro treatment twice over the next month would be spread out enough?