Special Care Boys

Today I got to take some photos of the special care boys. Keeping them in a shallow water has significantly reduced their buoyancy issues and they seem to really enjoy themselves a lot more now.

Filtration is split between two small in tank filters and normally an air stone runs for more water circulation.

100_8107_zpsc9983027.jpg

100_8115_zpsaf2d8c68.jpg

100_8125_zps63a581c5.jpg

100_8122_zpsf421ef7c.jpg

100_8103_zps05134c17.jpg

100_8121_zps06815d78.jpg

100_8098_zps4804c0d8.jpg

100_8096_zps8d9db155.jpg

They are gorgeous Fang. I love how you gave them a "different" home so they could manage a lot better with their situations. I think it's awesome. They have lots of room and beautiful live plants to enjoy. :)

Gorgeous fish, Fang. How long have you been keeping them in shallower water for?

For a few weeks. I do not know if you remember the post I made about Kupo (teles) weird floating issues, where he would go back and forth between floating at the surface and being stuck to the bottom. The more shallow water has 100% gotten rid of this issue. As for Wakka, he has always been a bottom sitter, but at least he is not upside-down bottom sitting anymore. That on it's own is a big improvement as well!

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Gorgeous fish, Fang. How long have you been keeping them in shallower water for?

For a few weeks. I do not know if you remember the post I made about Kupo (teles) weird floating issues, where he would go back and forth between floating at the surface and being stuck to the bottom. The more shallow water has 100% gotten rid of this issue. As for Wakka, he has always been a bottom sitter, but at least he is not upside-down bottom sitting anymore. That on it's own is a big improvement as well!

Vaguely. It's wonderful that you've found a solution. I hope they continue to prosper in their new home. :)

• 2 weeks later...