fantailfan1

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o. Could be. :idont. Do they need to have breeding stars to breed? He had them months ago. Waddles is the one always chasing. :idont

I don't really care who the daddy is! It's just fun to watch him grow! :nana

If Peanut is the dad, expect 284 color changes. :o. :rofl

:o. Could be. :idont. Do they need to have breeding stars to breed? He had them months ago. Waddles is the one always chasing. :idont

I don't really care who the daddy is! It's just fun to watch him grow! :nana

If Peanut is the dad, expect 284 color changes. :o. :rofl

Geez, I've got one that was almost all black when I got him, then he went bright yellw, then orange...and is now turning white. It's like I've had 4 different fish:)

I see pelvic fins sprouting and anal fin(s). Little hard to tell if the anal is single or double as it's sooooooooooo tiny but if I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's double. :idont

I upped his water to 6 inch depth and gave him 2 spirulina "flakes" from Goldfish Connection. We are still working on foraging :rofl but he did find some of it. :rofl I crumbled the flakes into pieces for him. :teehee

Woo! I've always wanted to raise my own [gold]fish. I've always wanted to provide the best care possible. I wanted to make sure he has the best water parameters at all times. I've wanted to provide good food and lots of space. Then, I want to see how long they live and how big they can get. It could be amazing. When we purchase a fish, we have to accept that the fish was taken care of by someone other than us in the most important part of their life. If you raise a fry, however, we get to take care of the fish for their entire lives! Lisa, I'm sure Waldo will grow into a HUGE, beautiful fish under your care :)

Don't ask questions but I just weighed Waldo. :tomuch:

Anyone care to venture a guess? And how much does a drop or two of water weigh? :idont

:rofl OMG he's so cute. My husband told me not to try and weigh him cuz I might hurt him. :teehee I was very gentle but I think when I put him in the tank I probably dropped a couple drops that should be subtracted from his giant weight. :rofl

I'll try a different method next time. Maybe . . .

:rofl I know!! Where's Alex? I'm sure he knows exactly how much 2 drops of water weigh. :lol2

#nerd

:o

:donthit:

Well, considering that 20 drops of water is approximately 1 gram. 2 drops would be 0.1. Duh! :alex:rofl

#EmbraceTheNerdWithinU

Well... Whenever you scooped him out of his tank you probably took with him, let's say, 2 drops of water. After putting him in the bowl on the scale, you remove your hand from the water and probably take two drops of water with your hand. It probably evens out in the end. Unless that's not how you did it, of course!