Bad Eggs?

goldiegeek

Yep. Big Daddy passed during the night:(

Supersaturated gases, in a nutshell, is when oxygen is compressed to a high degree. When it enters the fish, it expands. I have to do a bunch of crazy stuff to my water before adding it to a tank. It sucks my will to live. Lol. I can only do so much about it. Stems from water pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awe...I'm so sorry! That's awful. :hug

Maybe the water issues are causing some of the problems. I haven't heard of supersaturated gases...I'll have to read up on that.

Thanks! I really liked Big Daddy. I think he would have been nice and huge (mom and dad are) :) This was a tough one, trying to stay "sciency" about it.

I don't know if you see this, but when you fill your tank with new water, you may see little bubbles on the tank on the wall. That's supersaturated gas. Most people have some and it's the biggest reason for aging water. It's called "degassing". If I dared to fill a tank with water straight from the tap, my entire tank would be filled with microbubbles and they don't go away on their own.

Here's a terra cotta pot soaking in my water. The part that has no bubbles is where I was holding it:

null_zps3a8443c0.jpg

Edited by goldiegeek

With the prazi are you using powdered or prazi pro. I only have used the powdered with fry and I was told by a breeder that the liquid version was too oily and made it hard for fry to breathe.

With the prazi are you using powdered or prazi pro. I only have used the powdered with fry and I was told by a breeder that the liquid version was too oily and made it hard for fry to breathe.

Using the liquid!!!!! Ding ding ding! That would explain why I can't get the fry past 3-5 weeks! Okay, enough exclamation marks.

I did notice them opening and closing their mouths lately. Not drastically, but it was there. The gills were ever so slightly red. It could have been normal pigmentation in terms of development, but maybe not. Okay, so DEFINITELY ordering some powder. I've never seen the powder before, do they usually have it at aquarium stores?

Do you think hypoxia would cause swim bladder issues? The one I have left is barrel rolling from time to time and is a touch floaty.

Using the liquid!!!!! Ding ding ding! That would explain why I can't get the fry past 3-5 weeks! Okay, enough exclamation marks.

I did notice them opening and closing their mouths lately. Not drastically, but it was there. The gills were ever so slightly red. It could have been normal pigmentation in terms of development, but maybe not. Okay, so DEFINITELY ordering some powder. I've never seen the powder before, do they usually have it at aquarium stores?

Do you think hypoxia would cause swim bladder issues? The one I have left is barrel rolling from time to time and is a touch floaty.

I don't know as I have no personal experience with hypoxia. I believe some members have used liquid prazi on fry but I always use powdered since the breeder told me that. I don't know if goldfishconnection.com ships to Canada, but they have it. I have also seen it on ebay. Sadly you may want to cull the barrel rolling fry and start over :( it may have lifelong problems at this point.

I don't know as I have no personal experience with hypoxia. I believe some members have used liquid prazi on fry but I always use powdered since the breeder told me that. I don't know if goldfishconnection.com ships to Canada, but they have it. I have also seen it on ebay. Sadly you may want to cull the barrel rolling fry and start over :( it may have lifelong problems at this point.

I don't think this guy is going to make it. He started out fine and about three days ago I started to notice a difference. It's just gotten worse from there. I figure sometime in the next 48 hours. Poor thing.

I'll definitely scope out the powder. Thank you so much. I was starting to feel like I'd never know. This gives me a project:)