Tank make-over!

So for the longest time now I've wanted to paint the back of my tank black. Everyone told me it would look bad, but I did it anyway. I added some black Tahitian Moon sand and a giant floating bamboo plant and I think I've created something I can now enjoy. I've gone for a minimalist look. LOL

Before:

jejumape.jpg

After:

vezunupe.jpg

e5evuna9.jpg

Looks gorgeous. Your fishes' colours really pop! Ive been wanting to paint the back of my 75 gallon for awhile and just have a black background taped to the back right now. Did u take the water and fish out of the tank to paint it? Just wondering how I would go about it if I were to actually paint the glass

Your tank looks amazing!!!! :heart

Also, don't let people tell you what to do. If you like it and you want to do it, it's all you! :) Now see what they say when they look at your tank. :lol2 make them eat their words. :pp

Looks gorgeous. Your fishes' colours really pop! Ive been wanting to paint the back of my 75 gallon for awhile and just have a black background taped to the back right now. Did u take the water and fish out of the tank to paint it? Just wondering how I would go about it if I were to actually paint the glass

Yes, I did. I just popped the edge of the tank out the stand, taped around the edges and painted it with a tube of acrylic craft paint and a $1.50 foam roller. It took 3 coats, but each coat dried in under an hour. I was surprised how easy it was and how little effort it took. :)

I have been wanting to paint mine aswell with a black background. Just been to lazy to drain the 90 gallon :-)

I did mine when my water change was due, it was just a really big water change. The tank was light enough to pull away from the wall and put some newspaper down for me to paint. Easy. :)

I love minimalist black tanks! Gorgeous! My bf doesn't though otherwise that's how I would do mine

You should have what you want. It's really easy to change it back if you're not happy with it.

:thumbs: Good for you for following your heart! :D

It looks fantastic! I love the contrast! Black vs pretty orange goldies vs green plant! :)

Beautiful!!

We've only had black backgrounds and I love it! About to try the sand, too, if I ever suck it up and just go for it. :teehee