• * Ammonia Level(Tap) unknown
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) unknown
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) unknown
    • * Ph Level, Tank: 8
    • * Ph Level, Tap: 8
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Master kit
      • * Water temperature? 70 degrees F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 for 3 months
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqueon, unsure of size, it came with the tank.
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 50% weekly
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days ago.
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? PRIME
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? 3x/day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No.
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Not yet.
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Large white splotch growing out from gills. It does not look like a "tuft" or anything, almost like he has white scales.

• * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? bottom sitting.

He was begging for food just yesterday, and now he's very ill and not moving but just laying on the floor. Later today, I plan on doing a 80-90% water change with salt. I have no idea what is wrong with him. Please help!

I'm so sorry, I only have a phone camera. This is as good as I could get. See the giant white splotch out of his gills on his left side? He was frantically swimming in circles on and off for a while, but now he mostly just lays on the bottom or roots around for food a little bit.

Edited by paasaa

I'm sorry he isn't feeling well. :hug

Please post the tap levels and as Georgia said some pictures and a video. As for the filter, it should say what model it is on the lid of it. Something tells me you are going to be under filtered if it's the filter that came with the tank.

I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

I understand that you want help, and we are going to try to be as helpful as we can, but it's best if we keep calm and start only one thread at a time. I've seen your other thread, and have responded to it.

Hang in there!