Frozen bloodworms

Black

What's the best brand to buy in the UK?

My last batch I bought off ebay but I want to be a bit more picky since reading that there is a possibility of nasties that can spread to fish (I can't remember what exactly)

This has posted twice- apologies

Edited by Black

What's the best brand to buy in the UK?

My last batch I bought off ebay but I want to be a bit more picky since reading that there is a possibility of nasties that can spread to fish (I can't remember what exactly)

This has posted twice- apologies

I love Hikari best. :)

Thank you for your suggestions.

I bought this one by accident thinking it was Gamma but it just says "sterilised by gamma irradiation"

Hopefully it's still ok!

http://www.waterzoo.co.uk/User/Products/LrgImg/Aq%20foods/Frozen%20fish%20food/Frozen%20bloodworm%20100g.jpg

I can't answer your question, since I am in Australia. Just wondering how you buy something frozen off eBay???

It thaws out during its journey but apparently it's fine to refreeze? :idont

Thank you for your suggestions.

I bought this one by accident thinking it was Gamma but it just says "sterilised by gamma irradiation"

Hopefully it's still ok!

http://www.waterzoo.co.uk/User/Products/LrgImg/Aq foods/Frozen fish food/Frozen bloodworm 100g.jpg

I've also used those before, didn't have any problems :) I could be wrong, but I think I remember them being really decent sized bloodworms too :) Edited by Lis.

I fear that there is a reason it is kept frozen... I'm sure that if it were able to be thawed out it would save the manufacturer's a lot of money, and they would keep it on the shelf. I would also suggest not to use it. :(

• 1 month later...

I've used Gamma frozen bloodworms and Superfish frozen bloodworms and I haven't got any complaints about them :) I have no idea what the 'best' brand is though

I also use Gamma frozen bloodworms and I've never had any problems with them. I find most places near me stock them so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding some from a local shop, garden center etc.

• 3 weeks later...