Love is in the water and now i have fry....

xjasminex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So came home this morning and all my fry were dead =[

I fed and counted them all last night and they were acting as normal as ever.....

The parents also spawned and laid more eggs all over the fry net too....could this have killed them all at once last night?

Edited by xjasminex

So came home this morning and all my fry were dead =[

I fed and counted them all last night and they were acting as normal as ever.....

The parents also spawned and laid more eggs all over the fry net too....could this have killed them all at once last night?

I'm so sorry. :cry I wish that I knew the answer to your question. They're all dead, for sure?

Im interested in getting a breeder net box too...the handle of the net sicks out and i have nearly taken my eye out when horsing around in my room...

I like it because its a stable cycle and nitrates wont rise quickly....especially with the plant filter =]

Here's a cool pic!

I have misc bits of plants floating around the tank and the fishies happened to lay eggs on some here's a piece of sword with a hatching fry on it! It's cute, the tail wiggles!

db120bd0ea65bdeadd6aa61ee7102b83_zps089a

You can also see the eggs in the net and see some eyeballs!

Sooo, once again i have come home in the morning and found all of my fry dead.......i counted six happy wiggly fry last night when i fed them and left.

I came home to find them all dead.

BUTTTT......just like the last time....the parents spawned last night too....and eggs are all over the net i use to keep the fry safe.

I def think that there is a correlation between the rents spawning and the fry dying....maybe the sperm kills the fry?

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone!

Update! I have new fry and I'm giving more of a try then the last times.

A02E1818-145D-4D6F-B236-B5AECB9BA0DF_zps

I just moved them over to this large marina breeder box today previously they were in a netted breeder box. They are in my evolve 8. This tank has excellent parameters and doesn't fluctuate like my goldfish tank. They hatched on Saturday and have been eating egg yolk. I also bought brine shrimp eggs to try and hatch. I'm setting that up today too.