I think my tank cycle crashed!

So i tested the water yesterday and i saw zero across the board which was weird. I figured it was because of my recent tank cleaning. I tested again today and everything is still across the board except ammonia. ammonia is reading at .25 ppm. I think i over cleaned the tank and i killed the bacteria! Advice please?

When you say you think you overcleaned the tank what do you mean, did you recently clean the filters?

You have a pretty new cycle right? How long has your tank been fully cycled before this bump?

When was your last water change and how much?

Have you tested tap for ammonia?

I'm going to move this thread to the water quality section for you :)

Thanks tithra! :)

Its been cycled about a week.The day before yesterday I vacuumed the gravel as i was doing a 20 percent water change. My tap water doesn't have any ammonia in it. If it is a crash what do i do? :wacko:

Like Ashlee said it is likely just a bump, not a full crash. A week long cycled tank isn't yet a stable cycle, which is why it is so important to test your water regularly when your tank is new.

Test your water daily and get yourself some seachem prime water conditioner if you haven't already. If your ammonia + nitrite are under 1.0ppm when added together, add a dose of Prime to the tank for the day. If your ammonia + nitrite added together are 1.0ppm or higher, do a large water change to bring them back down to 0ppm. Continue to do this until you are no longer getting ammonia/nitrite readings.

• 2 weeks later...