Oscar tank and newly set up 10 gallon.

Hidr

Oscar tank now has Angelfish, a large rainbow and my two louches(sp) in it.

You can see the angelfish here not a tear in any fins I have not seen them go after her at all. Also bottom right the two louches. They only come out in the evening rest of the time they hide. They are also not being chased or bothered at all. Sadly the Oscars did eat the two smaller rainbows.

tanks079_zps8fee129d.jpg

Whole tank. This tank still has tannens(sp) leaking from the wood. Doing a water change later today.

tanks128_zps3fad3698.jpg

!0 gallon set up

5 ottos, 3 neons (plans for more in a few weeks) one calm betta and the rest of the plants from the 35.

tanks089_zpsb49cefbe.jpg

I needed the 35 to come down cause Daddy is getting ready to sell his house and move into the small house that belonged to my sister. I needed to make room for my Grandfather clock that belonged to my mother and for grandmothers china with my grandmothers china. The china well be packed and moved here with the cabinet in the next couple weeks. I can wait on the clock till the house sells.

I think the angel will be OK in there being the size that it is. I would be concerned about the loaches, but you can only do the best with what you have. Just be sure to keep the Oscars well fed :)

Edited by HomerJay

• Supporter

He was in a tank with one and it bullied him a lot. That why he has the scars :( so I guess I won't do that. But hey sorry for derailing the thread. Lol your tanks all look brilliant. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I never thought of angels with an oscar. I got an albino oscar recently and I may try my big angels in with him when he gets his forever tank.

I have seen many people on the internet have them together. It helps if they grow up together. Silver dollars are good too. But I have no place to grow them out. If I had it to do over I would get 3 or 4 when I got my first Oscar.

Awesome! I like the wood pieces you have in there too. I can never find any nice shaped ones! Maybe I should get some oscars. Yours get along well even if they didn't grow up together? Any idea if they are male or female?

Yes I got lucky and have a male and female. Still not sure on who is who but think Karma is the female and Willow is the male. But that is based on behavior cause I have yet to see either of them lay eggs. But they do lay.