I want canister filter reviews :)

Hey everyone, I want to get a canister filter for my 55, but I want it to be powerful enough to be effective if I upgrade as well. I just wanted opinion from members on ease of cleaning, noise, and overall ratings on what they have. I have never had a canister before but I am looking for one.

My Fluval 306 is my favorite. I literally have only had to prime it twice, once setting it up on my 55 and once setting it up on my 75. Cleanings and water changes all go by and all I have to do to restart filtration is push the...er, water stopper lever thingy back down into place! So easy to use. So easy. I've had it about 3 years now I do believe.

I also recommend a Fluval canister filter. I have the 304 and it's only loud after you open it and have to close it again because it takes a while for the water flow to go back to normal and I've only had to prime it a few times and that was when I first set it up. You can fit tons of filter media and they are easy to clean. Fluval is worth checking out in my opinion.

Sunsun canister filter!! I have one currently on my 29 gallon and I'm soon setting up my 55 gallon. I bought another! For the price I really don't think you can beat it. I absolutely love it and have no complaints. Very easy to set up and clean. Tons of media room and filter pads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Supporter

I have a Marineland C360 and love it. I can't attest to any other brands as this one was the first I tried, but overall I have been very pleased with it's performance. It's also pretty easy to clean and it's super quiet :) Hope you find a great canister. There are lots to choose from.

I have a fluval 405, makes very little noise, and the maintainance is soooo easy! It's not really bulky either, which is good. I've just bought myself a couple of fx5's, they aren't up and running yet, but when I tested them they're easy to start up and make very little noise considering the size of them :) I don't think you can go wrong with a fluval

I have a fluvial fx5 as well. Super silent and I love all the media it holds. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have the SUNSUN. So far nothing but problems TWICE. Maybe it's just the seller. :no: it would work great if it wasn't leaking from the one part and the quartz sleeve didn't fog up. The customer service is complete and total CRAP.

I had a Fluval FX5 on my 55 gallon tank. Very quiet and filtered tons of waste. Lots of media space and highest gph of any filter. When I upgraded to my 120 gallon I added another FX5. I'm asked all the time how I get my water crystal clear. It seems my fish are floating in air.

Had one two years and one one year. No problems. I alternate cleaning one each month.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

lots of fluval folks here. I have always had Rena filstar. Which I have had great success with over the passed years. Currently have an xp2 on my 56g but will be moving a level in filtration soon. Might try out a 406.

I LOVE my Rena's. I have three of them. And when my HOB filter goes on the goldfish tank I replace it with a Rena xp. They are not to pricey. Self start. Easy to take apart. I have two on my Oscar tank and they are doing a great job.

My first one was a fluval and I did not like it. It was a pain to get going.

Thanks for the input everybody :) I definitely want one to get better water clarity and less HOB noise. I am probably going to wait a couple weeks though because I am mmmmmaaayybe getting a part time job at my LFS as THE GOLDFISH person :D wish me luck! Can you say Heeellllllooo discount! I don't think I'll be taking any money home from that job lol. :rofl

I had Rena's in the past, they were great filters. I currently am running a Cascade 1200 and it has been great. It has been running for about 3-4 years, and not a single issue. Priming is a breeze.

• 1 month later...