Goog's seems a little 'off'

Black

I have recently returned from being away for 2 weeks.

I did an 80% WC today hoping it would enliven him but he still seems not quite right.

Thankfully I have not returned to dropsy but he is particularly still and quiet, has barely touched his spinach today and there seems to be slight tension in his fins but not to the extent of clamping.

I have seen him flick his dorsal a few times since I've been back- like a quick sudden movement.

I have seen him do this before but it seems to be more than usual at the moment.

There is no yawning, he is perhaps not pooping as much as he should but when he is, it looks healthy.

I treated for flukes probably a little over a year ago now.

Params are:

pH- 7.6

A- 0

Ni- 0

Na- 5

His appearance is the same but I can post a pic if you'd like

Just caught him yawning! I've not seen him do this for quite a while

What are your thoughts?

It's not a bad idea to treat for flukes yearly. Not totally a necessity but many people do it since we know that we aren't really great at totally eradicating them, so they can continue to exist at subclinical levels even after treatment and could get the best of the fish during times of stress/weakened immune system.

Do you have meds to treat flukes available (I assume you used wormer plus or flukesolve last time?)

I would start there and see if it perks him up :)

He was on repashy and progold when I was away, so thought I'd give him some extra greens.

I normally order Prazipro online as it seems to have good reviews.

I'll get some more and give that a go

Thank you :)

He was on repashy and progold when I was away, so thought I'd give him some extra greens.

I normally order Prazipro online as it seems to have good reviews.

I'll get some more and give that a go

Thank you :)

Is he eating the repashy and progold?

I didn't realize you folks across the pond could get prazipro! That would be perfect.

Keep us updated in the meantime if things change or go downhill.

Thanks Mikey :)

I don't think it's usual to be able to get it here, I think I've just been lucky on eBay, and my last bottle was kindly given to me by FlipsHere :)

Jess-, I think he did eat his pellets yesterday bit I'm not sure how enthusiastically as my bf did it

"Oddly enough people are the root of the problem. Eggs of the fluke live in feces from infected humans, when those feces get into the water the fish and snails eat the eggs"

If he has flukes, does this mean they've come fro me??!! :yikes

I'm pretty diligent about washing my hands, especially before going anywhere near the tank.

I'm going to try and get hold of some Prazipro now before I get distracted!

"Oddly enough people are the root of the problem. Eggs of the fluke live in feces from infected humans, when those feces get into the water the fish and snails eat the eggs"

If he has flukes, does this mean they've come fro me??!! :yikes

Charlie, there is no possible way in heck for you to transfer flukes from you to Googs, provided that you even have flukes. :rofl

Flukes is just the name for a huge group of parasites who most parasitize on humans and other animals. The only way you would have flukes in your fecal matter is if you are infected, and then depending if the fluke is a monogenean (single animal parasite) or a digenean (two animals), it will either need to complete its next cycle on another animal (like a snail) or get passed directly to another human.

Human flukes do not affect fish. :)

Fish flukes also cannot infect humans.