Sickly fry not looking good

Abyss

I have a grow out tank with baby fry of different ages, noticed one of them looked off so he's been in the qt tank for a few days (salt, prazi & pimafix) he's really not looking good half his body is fuzzy, he's still swimming but sorta lopsided at times, he was one of the not so good looking fry from the beginning but thought I'd give him a chance.. his tail had been curled up a bit since he hatched. Guessing his immune system just sucks because all my other fry appear healthy and thriving. I'm not sure what to do really I feel bad for him and don't really want him to suffer. I could keep him in the qt tank and see what happens but I honestly thinks things are looking grim for him. Plus I'm not sure if keeping him in the qt would be bad and potentially pass on whatever he has to the qt tank if i had really needed to use it for one of my adult goldfish. I'm not sure how to go about euthanizing and I don't have clove oil, plus its winter do I'm not sure how to go about disposing him if I was to do that. What's your opinion guys?

Edited by Abyss

I don't think there is a good outcome for the little buy and I would take him away from the others asap. You can sterilize the qt if you do choose to put him there but you probably should consider euthanizing/culling.

How big is he?

He's a little less than an inch, he's seperated from the others for sure. Is there a humane way to euthanize if I don't have clove oil? What do I do with his body? Put it in the snow? I would give it to my willow outside but there is snow so I can't

I think there must be euthanizing thread under D & D somewhere. Personally, I would place the body after death in the garbage although I have been present at several fish funerals because of the children.

If you don't think you can place him in the garbage, you could put him in the freezer until spring.

I'm sorry this happened.