Instant Ocean Seaweed blend gel food

kjm-rn

I was wondering if any has seen and/or tried this http://www.instantocean.com/Products/saltwater-marine-fish-food/soft-gel-fish-food-supplements/seaweed-herbivore-fish-food.aspx

I saw it in my local pet store today that has a great supply of healthy goldfish and fish supplies. I wanted to buy it, but figured I should do more research to see if it is appropriate for a goldfish since it seems to be aimed towards saltwater fish. It was in small individual packets that are already gel (it's not a powder you make into gel food). Thanks for any insight.

PS. Are live ghost shrimp good for/ok as a treat for goldfish?

Edited by kjm-rn

I wonder about this as well. It is pretty expensive for what you get, but might be a good supplement.

Live shrimp are a fun treat, but they likely will be gone very quickly unless they find a hiding place. Unless you breed yourself, I'd also worry that they might introduce parasites or disease like any other live food.

If you're looking for goldfish loved treats, have you considered bloodworms or brine shrimp?

yup, I feed both frozen a couple times a week. Mostly looking for another source of vegetable for the fish, they love fresh cooked spinach, but I don't always have it on hand.

How about those seaweed sheets they sell at the pet shop? Are they good for goldfish? Although they're pretty expensive for the amount that comes in the package.

I feed seaweed sheets from the grocery store. Don't soak them, just put them on a veggie clip under the water. Soaking makes them fall apart before the fish have had a chance to eat.

-from my phone.