New Gel Food?

goldiegeek

Hi Guys,

I was in the aquarium store today and the manager who orders my Repashy for me told me that New Life Spectrum has a new gel food out. Basically the only competition for Repashy. Just wondering if you guys in the states have it yet or if anyone has tried/heard of it. I wonder if the quality is on par...

http://www.amazon.com/New-Life-Spectrum-AlgaeGel-200g/dp/B00H89X90O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1389038299&sr=8-5&keywords=new+life+spectrum+gel

This maybe? I did some quick Googlin' and this is the only thing I could find. I'm definitely intrigued though. I love the NLS pellets that I have and would be willing to try their gel food if it was cheaper than the link above.

Edited by Goldenhero

According to their website:

"New Spectrum Foods - NutriGel
NutriGel is a high-density colour enhancing gel mix. The powder makes over three times its volume in a firm, water-stable, highly scented soft gel food ideal for even finicky eaters. Full details to follow soon."

Interesting. I wonder if they will have just the one type or if they will come out with the many varieties like Repashy? :idont

http://www.amazon.com/New-Life-Spectrum-AlgaeGel-200g/dp/B00H89X90O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1389038299&sr=8-5&keywords=new+life+spectrum+gel

This maybe? I did some quick Googlin' and this is the only thing I could find. I'm definitely intrigued though. I love the NLS pellets that I have and would be willing to try their gel food if it was cheaper than the link above.

That's the stuff. It's supposed to cost about the same as the dry food, same size jar.

Interesting. I wonder if they will have just the one type or if they will come out with the many varieties like Repashy? :idont

There are a whole bunch apparently:)

I think that at least that formula is targeted to saltwater fish...

There are salt and freshwater foods available from what I've seen:)

I haven't seen much on their website, but I have written to inquire and to ask for testing samples. :)

I think that at least that formula is targeted to saltwater fish...

There are salt and freshwater foods available from what I've seen:)

I haven't seen much on their website, but I have written to inquire and to ask for testing samples. :)

It's strange, but most of the info I found was through forums such as this one. You'd figure it would be all over their site.

Samples, nice! :rockon I'm excited to see what info they come back with.

Will you be distributing them to your friendly neighborhood Kokopals, perhaps? :lol2

Will you be distributing them to your friendly neighborhood Kokopals, perhaps? :lol2

Surely, if they give me any at all to try, and if there are enough.

It's like what we did with Repashy a couple of years ago. :)

I would be interested to try!! Especially for my floater Mike Doyle. Though I would still predominantly order from Tasty Worms, though, just because I'm so brand loyal xD

If any of you have a saltwater tank and wanted to try this food out (and hopefully report back lol), there is one ad on ebay for a saltwater formula:) 100 grams for $12 and 200 grams for $22 (plus shipping).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Life-Spectrum-Nutri-Gel-Saltwater-Fish-Food-/231070048162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var&hash=item35ccd91fa2&_uhb=1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if any of you will see this lol. Bit of an old thread.

My Big Al's is getting the Nutri/gel in next Thursday. I will be the first in line lol. I'll post some pics or video of the "cook". I heard prices are very similar to Repashy. I also heard that they will have a goldfish specific food with Spirulina (hearsay). Apparently they will also have an axolotl food(also hearsay), which is awesome for me because no one makes axolotl specific food and their requirements are a little different than most others:) Yay! Fingers crossed. :D