Best way to minimize current with HOB filter?

Abyss

I moved my oldest fry to a new grow out tank, although they are swimming fine, I realize there is quite the current, I have a 24" bendable bubble wand in the bottom back of the tank in the substrate and I have an AQ 50 and an API 50-100 on the tank, its a 25g. Just wondering the best way to minimize the current just using foam on the inside output? I already have both filters jam packed with my DIY foam pieces... There isn't room for much more, I could move some a bit but not sure what to use to get it to stay in position? Any tips or tricks you guys have used? Should I block the current with both filters? They are side by side. I think once this is done they will enjoy it much better. If there is any other way of doing this let me know!, thanks :)

Edited by Abyss

Thry are swimming but wiggling alot, they have to work to get where thry want to go, I'm sure thry are strong enough with the current but just not sure if its too much for them, is there a way to tell?

When I put my fry in their big tank at about one week of age, I put a pre-filter sponge over the intake to protect them from getting sucked up. This still didn't reduce the current that much, and because I didn't want them to get hurt by the too-strong current from the filter output, I came up with another solution. I have these suction cup shower caddies that I use to grow terrestrial plants in my tanks. I took a small one of these and put it up underneath where the water flowed out. Water could still flow through the holes in it, and pass over the top, but it reduced the flow enough that even though there was still some current, it wasn't enough to make me concerned about my fry getting hurt. They come in several different sizes, too, so there should be one that will work for whatever sized filter your using.

This may sound weird, but it's my set up for my axolotl. She likes zero current and double filtration. Get a terra cotta pot that is big enough to reach the top of the tank with a glass container on it. Put it at the output of the filter. In the glass container, add a sponge for the water to hit as it comes out. The water will then have zero force as it comes out and will redistribute over the entire piece of foam. The bigger, the better. I'll get a photo up.

My water levels are down to keep her water super cold with the fan. You can raise it up to the rim of the glass container. If you try it, just make sure you soak the terra cotta pot in warm water for a few hours at least and don't put it in the tank warm:)

Thanks for the helpful input but it seems now that they are swimming fine and aren't struggling, I guess it took a few days to get used to having an actual current lol but ill remember these post if need be :) thanks!

Thanks for the helpful input but it seems now that they are swimming fine and aren't struggling, I guess it took a few days to get used to having an actual current lol but ill remember these post if need be :) thanks!

I am so jealous. Can't wait for the HOB!