Sign in to follow this  
Captain Findus Goldfish

Gordon is growing!

Hi everyone!

Was feeding the tank this morning and I realized that Gordon has really grown recently. He is now bigger than the mollies, about the length of my index finger. Super exciting! He is also now large enough to protect his food from those nippy mollies. He is also getting a super lovely pattern on his dorsal fin.

The pictures are horrible I know!

IMG_1929_zps60f6e751.jpg

IMG_1931_zpsef74aaab.jpg

IMG_1938_zpsf95dcb0f.jpg

IMG_1939_zps50f99731.jpg

IMG_1943_zps44389026.jpg

IMG_1956_zpsb78abb1b.jpg

And a few of Beep for you guys :P He has also been filling out his hump a bit

IMG_1971_zps60dde60e.jpg

IMG_1982_zps320681fc.jpg

Gordon is very pretty :) and Beep is darling :heart Your plants are fabulous! :nana

He is really very attractive. How old do you think he is?

How beautiful your fish are!! :heart

You have mollies with goldfish! :o

Edited by Mikey

Wow, he is beautiful! :)

Thank you! I am not sure how old he is. I got him about 2months ago and I guess he was just a baby then. He will become about 70cm I think so he has a long way to grow still! Once he is about fist size I will put him in my 200Gal. He is getting quite trained! He knows which corner in the tank to wait for his food and he knows right away when I have veggies for him.

Yes I have a goldfish with mollies, kuhlis, and cories. His best friend (goldfish) passed and so he is living with them now as I don't have the 30gal they lived in anymore. I didn't want any more goldfish and he was lonely. So far it's working great. I am not saying everyone should do it, but every case is different.

Gordon is my favorite pleco, ever!

YOU MADE SUCKY FISHIE CRY :rofl

But seriously, he looks fantastic! One LFS nearby had a few small leopard plecos once, but at $ 90 for a 3" fish... nope. I don't even want to spend half that money to replace my one more noisy HOB :lol

Anyway, I think it looks great! From what I see, the fish you have together theoretically all are ok with the same range of water conditions. Not something I'd suggest a beginner in fish keeping to do, but you are far from being new to this hobby, so I trust your judgment here!

Beep also is super cute, btw :heart

?

YOU MADE SUCKY FISHIE CRY :rofl

That's because he hasn't made an appearance in sooooooooooo loooooooooong!

We need pics, ASAP! :lol2

Wow 90dollars? What rip offs!!! I think Gordon was around 10. But he was pinky size when I got him.

Sucky fishie is what made me want Gordon in the first place!!! LOL

I still have my 200Gal empty. Was suppose to get those discus but I am not certain. I don't want any super delicate fish anymore I get too attached! Maybe it will just be a Gordon palace ahahahahah

Beep is pretty funny. He thinks he is a molly by now. He went from one eyed Blondie as a buddy to weird tropicals hehehe. Gordon can take him on now tho!

Wow 90dollars? What rip offs!!! I think Gordon was around 10. But he was pinky size when I got him.

Sucky fishie is what made me want Gordon in the first place!!! LOL

I still have my 200Gal empty. Was suppose to get those discus but I am not certain. I don't want any super delicate fish anymore I get too attached! Maybe it will just be a Gordon palace ahahahahah

Beep is pretty funny. He thinks he is a molly by now. He went from one eyed Blondie as a buddy to weird tropicals hehehe. Gordon can take him on now tho!

True, what I read discus are quite delicate. But how about an awesome home for a couple oscars or similar? They usually get along just fine with large plecos!

One of my dreams still is a tiger oscar with an electric blue jack dempsey and a large pleco in a 75g or larger. That would be so nice!

Fede, I want you to have some nice single tail goldfish in that palace of a tank! :D

@Alex I am done with goldfish for now! I still have SW alone in a large tub who just worries me constantly. So I am good there! :teehee Even if I do think single tails are super pretty! One day when I have a pond for the turtles I will get some lol.

@Fang I was also thinking oscars! I need to see if I find some cute ones around. I feel so sad having it running empty, but I don't know what I want! The discus would be german bred and the guy assures me they are very low maintenance. But I would need to get 12 and I probably would worry about each and every one of them hehe.

Yep you need a couple Oscars and make sure to get a couple plecos to grow up with them so the tank has lots of movement in it.

Cool thanks! I will go on a hunt once I get the tank cleaned and set up.

If I get 2 oscars will they get along once adult? What other types of plecos would get along well with Gordon? I would like some cool variety. The tank is 6 feet long.

That is a good looking fish! I want one!

He's lovely :)

I'm not really in the know about Gorden :P, but I'm assuming he is a clown plec and a handsome at that.

got a bristlenoseplec myself and in the last few months his bristle's have started to really pop out lol

Hey Captain! Nice to see you again. Gordon is lovely...love the spots. Nice plants too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thank you everyone!

no, he is a leopard pleco. :)

I am waiting for the day he will become the size of my small dog :teehee

thank you everyone!

no, he is a leopard pleco. :)

I am waiting for the day he will become the size of my small dog :teehee

fanatstic lol. leopard you say, not in the know on that breed sorry :P but in any chase good job on the tank all around.

you have some lucky fish :)

I love Gordon's spots. He's beautiful. :)

I wish you had fish in your 200g so I can enjoy seeing a video. Perhaps sooner then later.