Safe anchor worm treatment

My husband recently added a couple of tetras to his 29 with an angelfish and black ghost knife. 2 of them have anchor worm:( I've added tetra parasite guard, but some of the reviews say it is not effective at treating anchors.

Anyone have a good:bad experience with tetra parasite guard and anchor worms. I've also read I need to purchase potassium permagate or something, but not sure of its safety or where to get it:what concentration it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with anchor worms is that the stage where the crustacean is embedded in fish tissue is largely immune to any sort of treatment, so treatments, if needed, are done over a period of weeks, not days.

If you need to treat, use Cyropro. :)

I just ordered something called Proform LA it got good good reviews from the koi site. The problem is they are so tiny I don't think we can safely remove them. At this point ill take not infecting the angel or ghost knife as a win.

Good news!! The ghost knife and angel show no sign yet. I did a large WC and then put the tetras in a salt bath. I removed the worms and they are recovering well on a hospital tank. Fingers crossed they will do good and go to main tank in 2 weeks :)