Sign in to follow this  
BronwynH

Time for an Update -- photo heavy

I thought I'd post some recent photos of the fish as most of the photos I've posted thus far are from soon after I got them. Since they're all pretty busy fish and my camera is quite old I had to pull them out of the tank for any decent shots. I used a clean square vase that is about 4 inches cubed (just for scale). Don't worry the longest anyone was in there was Peaches (he still fidgeted too much) and that was still under 2 minutes.

Peaches, formerly Princess Peach. He was the first to get his breeding stars and has a very high mating drive.

IMG_22831_zps5f47490a.jpg

IMG_22801_zps67b567cd.jpg

IMG_22791_zps4ff9434b.jpg

Baldrick, the youngest. Sex unknown.

IMG_22911_zps4afc1c1f.jpg

IMG_22931_zpsef54ea58.jpg

IMG_22961_zps53ed7ac0.jpg

IMG_22981_zps226eeb36.jpg

He was the last to have his photo shoot, so please excuse the poop in the water.

The Aten, formerly Beatrice. He was the first ranchu I ever saw at our LFS. He was the only one they had and between that and his colouration I just had to have him.

IMG_22871_zpsd0395e0a.jpg

IMG_22891_zps4f6990cd.jpg

IMG_22881_zpsea37dc41.jpg

Osiris, formerly Isis. I found him and his sister Nephthys a few months after The Aten. These two are from Japan.

IMG_22711_zps148a92f7.jpg

IMG_22721_zpse020af60.jpg

IMG_22731_zpsd69aa62a.jpg

And finally Nephthys. I think she may be my favourite, but don't tell the others!

IMG_22631_zps67c2125e.jpg

IMG_22651_zpsf796b516.jpg

IMG_22691_zps73db6b9b.jpg

Edited by BronwynH

Love it! Your chus are breath-taking! :heart

Thank you so much! They are turning into rather eye catching fish, even if I say so myself. I certainly didn't notice their potential in the store, I just thought they were cute.

Your fish are gorgeous!!! :heart

They are all so very cute!

Your babys are so darn cute.

They're beautiful :)

Love it! Your chus are breath-taking! :heart

Thank you!

Look at the bronze belly on that moor! And the colors on your ranchus are so vibrant!

I was hoping that if/when he discolours he would go white, but I think he might go orange. There were others there already decolouring to white, but I at least wanted the chance of him staying black and he was the darkest velvety-est of the group.

Your fish are gorgeous!!! :heart

I think so too.

They are all so very cute!

You should see them in motion. Such little wrigglers!

They are stunners

They are definitely turning out nicely, even more so than I ever expected. The ranchus in particular as their backs definitely had quite a few more angles and kinks that seem to have straightened out.

They're beautiful :)

Thanks.

Sorry I missed you, my husband was playing around with my new touch screen while I was trying to type and your quote got deleted! Thank you. They really are still babies even though I've been able to sex everyone except Baldrick. \i'm really enjoying watching their growth and look forward to much more.

Your fish are very pretty, and I love their names! :)

Your fish are very pretty, and I love their names! :)

Thank you.

I have a M.A. in Egyptology, so I figured it's about time that influenced my fishy names, hence Osiris, Nephthys and Aten. My husband named Princess Peach. And Baldrick is a name I've been wanting to use for a while now. We were originally thinking Blackadder for obvious reasons, but I didn't want to bypass the opportunity of using Baldrick again. If he turns out to be a girl I think I'll change it to Hathor, but we'll see.

beautiful! i love all their colours & i am a huge fan of calico patterned fish :wub:

I think that they're all unbelievably stunning. Love me some 'chus!!!

Your goldies are lovely and Nephthys is such a little stunner!

Sorry I missed you, my husband was playing around with my new touch screen while I was trying to type and your quote got deleted! Thank you. They really are still babies even though I've been able to sex everyone except Baldrick. \i'm really enjoying watching their growth and look forward to much more.

LOL No problem.

Glad you can sex them already, they still look so baby.

Hope you enjoy them for meny years to come.

Helen: Thank you! I didn't used to like the calicos, but after I inherited Tony a long time ago now I became a fan. Calico and any variant of blue.

Yafashelli: I have to say I'm quite impressed with what I've been able to find at the LFS. And the prices are unbelievably reasonable. Would you believe Osiris and Nephthys were only $4.99 each! Baldrick was only $3.99! Before we moved here I was used to much higher price

Amoonklein: Thanks. Unfortunately the boys think she's super cute too. They harass her so much she has to live in QT. I'm working on upgrades for everybody though.

Katt: I was surprised I was able to sex them too. I had guesses from the beginning, but most were wrong. The boys all recently developed teeny tiny breeding stars on their fins and Peaches even has some on his gills. Nephthys doesn't have any and gets chased, so I figure she's a girl. Baldrick has neither stars yet, nor gets chased, but (s)he's much younger than the others.

Nepthys is my favorite :peeka

Soooo gorgeous, all of them! Thanks for sharing. :D

Aw, such cute, pretty pretty little fishies! Your ranchus are beautiful! :D

Aww! Adorable. I love your Ranchus.